Mustang down

newmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
Hurting

Gents...it was me.

Yes it was someone that was waiting 12 months for my new baby and enjoys this forum and only added a review about clear shield 2 days ago.

Was going normal speed through a round about inside lane with a truck next to me, back end kicked and then hooked back into a tree. Front left side damaged and the wheel took most of the impact. Damage is pretty bad yet think I am still in shock....

Not sure what happened to traction control or if oil on the road- I have no issues before this...as I was only in week 2 of driving and had been taking it very easy on the engine...had not even used the different modes yet!!!

Anyway- I am ok....which is what people tell me is what counts.

Will have more understanding next week if fixable....fair to say I am hurting.

Over and out....

Be safe out there.
Sponsored

Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback PP Manual
Gents...it was me.

Yes it was someone that was waiting 12 months for my new baby and enjoys this forum and only added a review about clear shield 2 days ago.

Was going normal speed through a round about inside lane with a truck next to me, back end kicked and then hooked back into a tree. Front left side damaged and the wheel took most of the impact. Damage is pretty bad yet think I am still in shock....

Not sure what happened to traction control or if oil on the road- I have no issues before this...as I was only in week 2 of driving and had been taking it very easy on the engine...had not even used the different modes yet!!!

Over and out....

Be safe out there.
Mate, I'm feeling for you. Take care

Cisco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tehanne
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue Ecoboost Fastback
The little mustang puddle light is out of alignment and the driver side one is not looking too great.
My pony puddle light on the drivers side is a bit dodgy too...almost like the paint is flaking off above the horse...

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
Glad you are ok newmustang, feel so sorry for you

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
sorry to hear that [MENTION=16316]newmustang[/MENTION], hope it's able to be repaired!

Sponsored

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Really sucks newmustang, sorry to hear it.

Can you confirm, was the road wet/or was it raining?

bit of a worry if traction control will allow this to happen under normal driving in the dry :(

Good to hear you are alright, I hope the damage is repairable, relatively soon.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Sorry to hear that newmustang. I was just checking out your "clearshield" photos the other night.

Good to hear you're OK and I hope that whatever happens in regards to the car is the best for you.

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
sincerest condolences [MENTION=16316]newmustang[/MENTION].

Can you confirm the back end kicked out and swerved with all the nannies on? If so, that's a bit of a worry???

:(

quick duck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VZ Berlina wagon
Hey [MENTION=16316]newmustang[/MENTION], sad to hear about your troubles.

You are in for some more pain due to parts avaliability, so I wanted to just point out the Consumer Gurantee. Just remind Ford of this if they try to delay the panels you need replaced. They may also try to hike the price up, so remember to compare them and get a quote for parts from a Ford US dealer.

https://www.accc.gov.au/business/treating-customers-fairly/consumers-rights-obligations
" have spare parts and repair facilities reasonably available for a reasonable period of time, unless the consumer is advised otherwise."

Hopefully the damage is fixable and soon :)

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October
Gents...it was me.

Over and out....

Be safe out there.
Very sorry to hear this mate. Let us know what happens next if you can. Are you wanting to replace the car, or have you lost faith in it? I'm guessing it will have to be written off (I hope not, but insurance companies seem to write off everything these days). Do you think the car had any (nefarious) part to play in this as you suggest you weren't going too quickly? I hear these tyres might not be too good.

I see you had a WRX before, so I'm guessing the Mustang's lack of grip was probably a bit of a shock. I have driven RHD cars most of my life (utes and a VP Commodore, both of which like to wiggle a lot at the rear) and my experience is that a little bit of water on the road can be worse than a lot when it comes to roadabouts - it feels like there is oil, as you say, but in most cases it is not. This has NEVER happened in any FWD car that I've driven (was driven my Celica in the wet around many roundabouts yesterday and always had pretty much complete confidence in the grip). I have also noticed that the inside lane can be the least desirable/most scary in RHD, especially when it comes to exiting - don't move the steering wheel suddenly. If the wheels feel like wobbling and you're losing grip, resist the temptation to over-correct as you will get the car into a kind of tug-of-war with yourself and the situation will worsen. I know it's easy to say, but let try to let the car sort itself out, i.e., just open your grip on the steering wheel a little and rein it in gently. This can happen EVEN when going what seems to be very slowly. Not sure if that's what happened here.

When it's lightly wet and I'm in a RWD on a roundabout, especially the inner lane, it's snail's pace for me.

Sponsored

Stubai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (on its way)
Sorry newmustang that is so sad for you. Everyone is right, your ok and thats what counts.

I always like to look at silver lining, so if your baby cant be repaired the brightside is that your next mustang will have sync3 :-)

Seriously though, good to know your not hurt.

Davo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
GT Mustang convertible, X3, Focus
Really sorry to hear that newmustang. Glad you are OK, hope the car will be too. Don't answer too much on a public forum about the accident, sort out your insurance first. I don't trust insurance companies not to misquote stuff to their own advantage.

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
I have driven RHD cars most of my life (utes and a VP Commodore, both of which like to wiggle a lot at the rear) and my experience is that a little bit of water on the road can be worse than a lot when it comes to roadabouts - it feels like there is oil, as you say, but in most cases it is not. This has NEVER happened in any FWD car that I've driven (was driven my Celica in the wet around many roundabouts yesterday and always had pretty much complete confidence in the grip). I have also noticed that the inside lane can be the least desirable/most scary in RHD, especially when it comes to exiting - don't move the steering wheel suddenly. If the wheels feel like wobbling and you're losing grip, resist the temptation to over-correct as you will get the car into a kind of tug-of-war with yourself and the situation will worsen. I know it's easy to say, but let try to let the car sort itself out, i.e., just open your grip on the steering wheel a little and rein it in gently. This can happen EVEN when going what seems to be very slowly. Not sure if that's what happened here.

When it's lightly wet and I'm in a RWD on a roundabout, especially the inner lane, it's snail's pace for me.
+1 - I've got a (very underpowered) Merc C200 - its RWD but about 12 seconds 0-100 for idea of 'speed', and I've had it kick the back out on wet roundabouts at low speed (think 20-30kmph) - agreed, very easy to do!

jumby

Master Cat Herder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 300C Luxury
Gents...it was me.

Over and out....

Be safe out there.

Sorry to hear about that mate. I know when I had my SS ute there were certain roundabouts that were havoc when wet (and sometimes dry) as a result of heavy traffic and no doubt a buildup of rubber and oil. Used to lose the back end over 25kmph :eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge:
Sponsored