Ashtar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Looking to replace the rear seal in my MT82 transmission. (2015 mustang GT) I've got the drive shaft out, and such. I'm looking to see where I need to go next?
MT82_rear.jpg
Sponsored

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Now you need to remove the bolt in the center, then get a gear puller to remove the flange. Installing the seal and the flange takes special tools and a special torque sequence. You *really* need to get the service manual!

OP
OP

Ashtar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have looked for a service manual. Any suggestions where I can pick one up?

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
HelmInc. At $186 it is not inexpensive but a lot less than messing up your transmission. Some threads on this forum show how to get a 36 hour subscription for a lot less.

OP
OP

Ashtar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So after doing some more reading. I picked up a 30mm at my local store. Got the impact wrench and took it off. Took a 2 claw gear puller and got the pilot shaft off. Getting the seal back in was a bit harder that I've dealt within the past on other seals. But that's due to the weird flap it has on top. Found a local speed shop that helped me out with some torque spec's for a small fee. I've had my dinner and will finish up on the rest tomorrow. That is a strange sequence btw. Oh well.

boB thanks for the replies.

Regards
Dave

Sponsored