Ms109

BrazukaV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt PP
Hello guys. Anyone have experience with ms109. I currently have a Paxton and e85 at the moment is not an option. I want to run ms109 when I go to the track. How much hp do you gain over 91oct? What is the most boost you can run with ms109? I have a torque booster with 10.5 spring. Will it be safe to run 13lb with ms109?
Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Hey bud its too many variables for anyone to yes or no to this question.Ms!09 is a good race race fuel.It all depends on how much timing u run compared to boost.13 lbs is possible but i would data log it and check the logs or send them to your tuner.I have ran 11 lbs with 21 degrees of timing and had no knock,iat and ect,vct also play a role.U will feel a noticable difference with ms109 as long as your tune is setup for it.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
MS109 is pretty awesome stuff.

So whats great about these new mustangs is that you can set the tune up to really take advantage of swapping from say 91 to 109 or 110... and gain power with no change.

If you set the tune to allow the timing to ramp up, it will do it all by itself.
Or you can have a specific race fuel tune thats more dailed in and doesn't need as much correction.

Huge, Huge gains to be had with race fuel (as there has always been)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang2016
MS109 is pretty awesome stuff.

So whats great about these new mustangs is that you can set the tune up to really take advantage of swapping from say 91 to 109 or 110... and gain power with no change.

If you set the tune to allow the timing to ramp up, it will do it all by itself.
Or you can have a specific race fuel tune thats more dailed in and doesn't need as much correction.

Huge, Huge gains to be had with race fuel (as there has always been)
this! my roush setup with 69mm pulley roughly 13to 14lbs. of boost I run 23 degrees of timing for comparisions sake my "street tune" only has about 16 degrees on 100 oct. or 91 octane torco. Just to give you an idea we had a car on the dyno the we found every degree of timing was worth about 20hp rwhp. E-85 btw only typically makes about 10rhp more than Ms109 I couldn't afford a fuel system so this what I run, my best time so far is in my sig. I hop this helps :)

OP
OP

BrazukaV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt PP
Thanks for the replies. I will be getting a ms109 tune. E85 for me is a hassle cuzz not every gas station carries it around my house. Just want it to go to the track every 2-3 months. I might just unplug the wastegate line and let the 3.33 pulley do its thing with the ms109. Will that be too much boost? I'm not sure how much boost the Paxton creates with the 3.33 pulley. Thanks again everyone.

Sponsored

OP
OP

BrazukaV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt PP
So I got my ms109 tune. Tomorrow I will buy 5 gallons of ms109 and on Saturday I will go to the track. Problem I got full tank right now and I don't have a way of emptying. I think jpc sells a kit but won't get here on time. So my question is do I drive the car till it's almost empty and fill with ms109? Or do I just drive till it runs out of fuel and dies? I will still like to do a third gear pull datalog before going all out.

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
So I got my ms109 tune. Tomorrow I will buy 5 gallons of ms109 and on Saturday I will go to the track. Problem I got full tank right now and I don't have a way of emptying. I think jpc sells a kit but won't get here on time. So my question is do I drive the car till it's almost empty and fill with ms109? Or do I just drive till it runs out of fuel and dies? I will still like to do a third gear pull datalog before going all out.
How did you end up doing it?

Sponsored

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Seems strange no one is mentioning it, so I will.

MS109 has a different stoich (lower at 13.41) than regular pump gas, and so without adjusting your tune, you car will run leaner given the same tune. Yes it will suppress detonation better due to its higher octane rating, but for someone already on the edge of their fuel system on pump gas, I wouldn't suggest mixing at any greater than a 50/50 mix with pump gas so as not to lean out too much, in case even with the PCM adjusting you still run out of pump/injector. Better yet I would recommend running a different race fuel with a gasoline stoich value so fueling remains unchanged.

Certainly draining your tank to E and refilling with MS109, you will want to drive it and let the PCM learn some WOT fueling before going all out down the track, definitely log a bit and see how far off it throws your fueling.

On my maxed out 2.9L whipple hemi, I was able to pick up about 35whp after tuning for straight MS109 versus my 93 octane tune.

OP
OP

BrazukaV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt PP
How did you end up doing it?
Well didn't do so well lol. My car shut down mid pass right when I was about to shift into 3rd. Wouldn't start. After checking a bunch of things, like fuel pump and few other things. Ended up being the MAF. Replaced it with a new one and now it's fine. But wasn't able to really run it.

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Well didn't do so well lol. My car shut down mid pass right when I was about to shift into 3rd. Wouldn't start. After checking a bunch of things, like fuel pump and few other things. Ended up being the MAF. Replaced it with a new one and now it's fine. But wasn't able to really run it.
Man that sucks, it gets frustrating sometimes, what did you check to find out it was the maf?

But Im going to the track soon as well and Im wondering how your whole procedure was with filling up ms109?

RYAN97812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
I made 40more rwhp on MS109 while tuning with Lund. went from 654 to 694. After we finished up the 93 tune I added 5 gallons to the slightly less then 1/4 tank or so that was left in tank, ran it for a few minutes till you could smell it. Will do the same when I run it at the track

OP
OP

BrazukaV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt PP
Man that sucks, it gets frustrating sometimes, what did you check to find out it was the maf?

But Im going to the track soon as well and Im wondering how your whole procedure was with filling up ms109?
After checking everything I guess maf was the only thing left to check lol. Had my buddy let me borrow his maf and sure enough car started right up. Put my maf on his car. His car didn't start. I also had remove the intake in the Paxton. So that made me think it was the MAF. Ask me if I'll ever run it without the intake lol. Even tho a lot of guys run without with no issues. My car took 1 and half pass to mess up the MAF.

I drove to the track and was showing 2 miles to E when I got there. So I just drove around the track a few times and let it idle till the car died. Filled with ms109 and upload the tune, wish I had a few extra passes. But will be going on the 20th. Gotta run my 10 second pass. My best so was has been 11.03. 3.73s not helping me. But hoping to run 10.6 next time with ms109
Sponsored