Sponsored

MPT Tune Officially out

Lionorion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family minivan (for now)
Vehicle Showcase
That is good though. You have good traction, I'll take that over any chrips.
Lol. Those goodyears are garbage. I'm glad I used the prorated warranty that anyone that owns an S550 under 36,000 miles has, and traded in those pos tires (at least for the fronts);) and purchased some quality ones.
Sponsored

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Lol. Those goodyears are garbage. I'm glad I used the prorated warranty that anyone that owns an S550 under 36,000 miles has, and traded in those pos tires (at least for the fronts);) and purchased some quality ones.
What is this now? I'm well under 36k, I just broke 10k last week. I could use winter rubber soon.

Lionorion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family minivan (for now)
Vehicle Showcase
Research what tires you want. Go to Discount Tire (or wherever) order your tires. Tell them the tires on your car have a prorated warranty. They'll reimburse you for the four tires on your vehicle. There's a minimum tread depth requirement.

For more information, see the tire supplement that's with your owners manal.

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
I get a good hard chirp in 1st and 2nd and I don't MPT tuner. I do have a 93 tuner and have my auto shifting firmness set at 25% over factory settings. My stang nevers see D I only drive in S and paddle shift up and down. It''s been like this for 2 1/2 years with no problums.

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
Maybe you need better tires? What kind of tires are on your car?

Also, I find the shifts to be perfect from MPT, maybe you should try running their tune the way they sent it.

Also, my car was a rental in its first life, so it was driven hard from the get go. Maybe that's why she's so fast!

Mine was also a rental before she found her forever home here with me. Could I ask you what the mileage was on your car when you found it ? On mine it was just 3600, and more looking found it had been in service for only 3 months. Made me worry but clean Carfax no accidents or major repairs . It looks like a 10 dollar part in the dash might have been the blame for its short life as a rental as the dash cluster would lock up on it while it was at the dealer, I have not had any major issues with her at all. I did have the drive shaft issues that looks like is in all of the mustangs but that's all , and my MPT 93PR-X tune really wakes her up. thinking of getting the 87PR-X tune just incase gas jumps because of Harvey

Sponsored

Lionorion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family minivan (for now)
Vehicle Showcase
She had 28,000 miles on the odometer. I picked her up last October.

On the topic of mileage, I know our interiors get shat on a lot because of the cheap plastics, but it sure makes it easy to clean! Microfiber cloth and a little soapy water cleans everything up so nicely! Even our cloth seats clean up well.

Last edited:

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
She had 28,000 miles on the odometer. I picked her up last October.

On the topic of mileage, I know our interiors get shat on a lot because of the cheap plastics, but it sure makes it easy to clean! Microfiber cloth and a little soapy water cleans everything up so nicely! Even our cloth seats clean up well.
They may be considered basic and bottom of the line but they sure clean up nice

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
Lionorion Here is what mine looks like, this is after the graphics were added to her, before this she was just another silver car but now Bang

[ame]

pmoneal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Convertible
I just got my MPT tunes and started the car on the 87 PRX. I'll go 93 soon but wanted to step up to see the difference.

The only thing that I miss from stock is the downshifting feel/sound. It seems to downshift into a much lower RPM and the engine braking is almost non-existent. I'm guessing this is standard and intentional.

My question - is there any way to adjust this? Can I do it using the handheld or should I just be reaching out to MPT directly?

Lionorion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family minivan (for now)
Vehicle Showcase
You can always use the paddles to engine brake.

Sponsored

pmoneal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Convertible
That's a good point. I'd still change it if it were an option but I don't use the paddles nearly enough.

I've always driven standards but I'm still not in the habit in the auto.

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
That's a good point. I'd still change it if it were an option but I don't use the paddles nearly enough.

I have my auto tranny shifting firmness set 25% over factory, very crisp and firm shifting both up and down. I only drive in S and paddle shift. I've haven't any problums 2 1/2 years 13,500 miles.

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top

Is this In D or when you are in S mode? D its always smooth but in S its like bang where did this car come from, when my 93 tune is on and i am in S mode and i start to play with the gas it will push you back into the seats hard but in D it still will but not as hard

RR67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Ruby Red Mustang, 3.55 auto
I just got my MPT tunes and started the car on the 87 PRX. I'll go 93 soon but wanted to step up to see the difference.

The only thing that I miss from stock is the downshifting feel/sound. It seems to downshift into a much lower RPM and the engine braking is almost non-existent. I'm guessing this is standard and intentional.

My question - is there any way to adjust this? Can I do it using the handheld or should I just be reaching out to MPT directly?
Have you tried Sport mode yet? I am also running the 87 PRX tune and I think it is rev matching on downshifts. I hear little revs as I engine break. Sounds awesome!

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this soon. I'm very interested in the 93 tune. Any stick shift drivers have this tune care to weigh in on their experiences?
Sponsored