Mounting rings for speaker replacement

ahmed2nd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ahmed
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang pp2
Here is my solution for the 3-way Focal component set. I had my fantastic local shop (Platinum Motorwerks) laser cut the adapters. The adapters mount to the door using the stock screws. The woofer adapter has threaded inserts for ease of removal of the driver and a built-in flange for the FAST ring. The midrange adapter thickness + speaker flange thickness is a little bit less than the stock adapter + stock speaker, so no annoying door panel buzzing.

AF329D99-7EAD-4AD3-B9EF-665BE466B6E9.jpeg

F83FE6F5-B0CC-44FD-A9AB-9BB7A550782A.jpeg

D020A28C-63A5-4C7D-83C1-013340300D55.jpeg

Really nice ! Any chance you could share the CAD file for these ? Especially the midrange speakers. Currently trying to find solution those ...
Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Really nice ! Any chance you could share the CAD file for these ? Especially the midrange speakers. Currently trying to find solution those ...
Go to Sounds Good Stereo. They sell 3D printed adapters for the 6.5 and 3.5 and they’ll fit a wide range of speakers.

ahmed2nd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ahmed
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang pp2
Go to Sounds Good Stereo. They sell 3D printed adapters for the 6.5 and 3.5 and they’ll fit a wide range of speakers.

Thanks yeah I've seen their website before, just thought if you had the CAD file I could easily modify and print out on my 3d printer.
Currently live in Bahrain and getting things from the US is a pain and takes quite a while to get delivered 🥲

Thanks though I'll try to design the adapter on fusion360 and share here when I'm done.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Thanks yeah I've seen their website before, just thought if you had the CAD file I could easily modify and print out on my 3d printer.
Currently live in Bahrain and getting things from the US is a pain and takes quite a while to get delivered 🥲

Thanks though I'll try to design the adapter on fusion360 and share here when I'm done.
Ah yeah that makes sense then. The Metra adapters are crap and not even worth installing.

ahmed2nd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ahmed
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang pp2
so I forgot that I said id report back, and ive already installed the speakers. anyway if anyone is looking for the CAD file for 3.5-4 inch speaker bracket, the one ive made works pretty well I'd say. wasn't able to upload it but here's a screen shot of it. anyone interested in printing it let me know I could email it or something.
speaker bracket top veiw.jpg
speaker bracket.jpg

Sponsored

Rosendo28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rosendo
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
I send you a dm Ahmad
so I forgot that I said id report back, and ive already installed the speakers. anyway if anyone is looking for the CAD file for 3.5-4 inch speaker bracket, the one ive made works pretty well I'd say. wasn't able to upload it but here's a screen shot of it. anyone interested in printing it let me know I could email it or something.
speaker bracket.jpg
i send you a dm ahmad

johnny2135

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
speaker bracket.jpg
Can you send me the file? Please and thank you!