MotoIQ TESTED: Ford Power Packs 1-3

Witj85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Base 6spd in Shadow Black
I had a gt350 mani with long tubes.. Absolute beast over 6k however under that, which is where the car is driven most, was less then impressive. Sold the mani and am running long tubes with k&n filter and tune and car pulls a lot harder. My opinion though.
Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
When did I every say that (that I'm right about the PP2 being faster)?

When did I ever try to argue that the PP2 is faster?

All that's going on in here is being skeptical and asking/waiting for real world results before I agree to the results. Not once did I say I think the PP2 is faster and not once did I try to make you believe that.
Your post #11 is an argument pointing for the PP2 being Faster.

And keep in mind, PP3 isn’t losing HP, it’s shifting it by 500 RPM while increasing it. If you visualize what I posted earlier, you’ll see it.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
When did I every say that (that I'm right about the PP2 being faster)?

When did I ever try to argue that the PP2 is faster?

All that's going on in here is being skeptical and asking/waiting for real world results before I agree to the results. Not once did I say I think the PP2 is faster and not once did I try to make you believe that.
Oh yea?:

I'm personally not convinced the PP3 is faster, if any, than the PP2 unless you are revving it to the moon well over 7500rpm. To me, the increase in power from 6500-7500 is pretty much offset by an equal loss is power from 5500-6500 when the upshift occurs. So unless you're able to keep it above 6500rpm the entire time (which is hard to do since a 7500rpm shift drops you to 5200rpm in 2-3 for example) you're going to experience some loss in power which I'm not sure is made up up top.
PP3 revs to 7,500RPM. You said you're not convinced unless you shift PP3 well over 7,500RPM.

You don't believe its faster and you're just waiting for 1/4 results as 'proof' to show that you're right. But the problem is, unless you have two identical cars, on the same day, on the same tire, driven by the same driver, it's as useless as looking at different dynos, different cars (with different mods), tires, altitudes, etc..

You rarely see these types of proper back to back dyno tests and you're pretty much never going to find that 'perfect' back to back 1/4 mile test. But go on and be sure to post a PP2 time sheet that has a paxton bolted to it and tell me its better than a stock NA PP3 :headbonk: (sarcastic over exaggeration of the point im making).

I'm done entertaining you.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Very nice! Great information.

Now it's time to try out some E85 and a tune from KenB ;)

I made 418/393 SAE on that very same dyno with mufflers, KN filter and E85 tune by Ken.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I had a gt350 mani with long tubes.. Absolute beast over 6k however under that, which is where the car is driven most, was less then impressive. Sold the mani and am running long tubes with k&n filter and tune and car pulls a lot harder. My opinion though.
According to this thread you have no idea what you're talking about and should probably sell your car.

Sponsored

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
According to this thread you have no idea what you're talking about and should probably sell your car.

[MENTION=25870]Witj85[/MENTION]'s results make sense. The GT350 manifold was a 'beast' above 6K and his car now pulls harder (mid rpm torque) with the stock manifold.

Unless Witj85 would like to correct me and claim that the stock manifold 'pulls harder' ABOVE 6K than the GT350 manifold.

Witj85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
I don't think it pulls harder above 6k, but the acceleration under 6k def makes the car feel faster .. No way of knowing unless I would've done back to back pulls to compare manifolds. With the gt350 manifold it pulled to 7700ish.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I don't think it pulls harder above 6k, but the acceleration under 6k def makes the car feel faster .. No way of knowing unless I would've done back to back pulls to compare manifolds. With the gt350 manifold it pulled to 7700ish.
Thank you for clarifying. It makes sense because PP2 has far more area under the curve, and throughout the daily driving RPM rev range. For those situations, its far better than the GT350 manifold. :)

Witj85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Yea I don't live above 6k lol.

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0

[MENTION=25870]Witj85[/MENTION]'s results make sense. The GT350 manifold was a 'beast' above 6K and his car now pulls harder (mid rpm torque) with the stock manifold.

Unless Witj85 would like to correct me and claim that the stock manifold 'pulls harder' ABOVE 6K than the GT350 manifold.
We realize you have literally no idea what you're talking about at any point on this forum, but I was making a joke. You might need to simmer down some.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
We realize you have literally no idea what you're talking about at any point on this forum, but I was making a joke. You might need to simmer down some.
Yes, my agreeing with everything in the OP's article means I have no idea what I'm talking about. :crazy:

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
This thread could get interesting LOL

But thank you to the OP who linked this article. Really some great info here especially the analysis of thrust factor and area under the curve, etc. This sealed it for me. A GT350 manifold I will get.
Sponsored