Sponsored

More Stainless Power headers arrived here at Lethal Performance!

JakeLethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
FOUR pallets of Stainless Power headers just landed here at Lethal Performance! Add some sound and some power with a more efficient exhaust setup! Need to combo with a tune? Let's do it! Have any questions? Don't see exactly what you're looking for? Feel free to shoot us a message or give us a call at 561.753.8105

https://www.lethalperformance.com

nc_ohc=tFpppe8N5xYAX-3if1T&_nc_ht=scontent.fmia1-1.jpg
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Let me know when headers are making more power, but NOT boy-racer wannabe loud. Keep the sound levels stock, but create freer breathing and more power.

Couple such headers with a resonator delete (saving weight), free-flowing cats, and matching it right up with the Active Exhaust.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Let me know when headers are making more power, but NOT boy-racer wannabe loud. Keep the sound levels stock, but create freer breathing and more power.

Couple such headers with a resonator delete (saving weight), free-flowing cats, and matching it right up with the Active Exhaust.
What you're asking for simply is not possible. May need to wait for an EV.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Please, share your engineering insights as to why.
You're asking for something quiet while removing resonators for weight and headers are made thinner so they are louder and you're removing cats. You still plan on having something quiet? You're living in a dream world.

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled

get the headers then ad magnaflow 12599 in the middle as the x pipe muffler (12599 needs to be modified and im still not sure if it will fit yet). Im doing this but with cat deletes, not installed yet.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
You're asking for something quiet while removing resonators for weight and headers are made thinner so they are louder and you're removing cats. You still plan on having something quiet? You're living in a dream world.
I'm inquiring about a stock level of NVH with LTHers, keeping cats (free flowing) and stock AE mufflers. It's not hard to do, at all. I don't believe LTHers are louder because they're "thinner", I believe they're loud because of the way they scavenge exhaust from neighboring exhaust ports due to their design. If it was just because they're "thinner", heat-wrapping the LTHs would keep them quiet.

In a perfect world, LTHers would be ceramic coated and heat-wrapped, to promote even better scavenging and keep under-hood temps as low as possible.

It should be easy to keep a LTH system at OEM levels of NVH, while still getting the free-flowing power gains.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'm inquiring about a stock level of NVH with LTHers, keeping cats (free flowing) and stock AE mufflers. It's not hard to do, at all. I don't believe LTHers are louder because they're "thinner", I believe they're loud because of the way they scavenge exhaust from neighboring exhaust ports due to their design. If it was just because they're "thinner", heat-wrapping the LTHs would keep them quiet.

In a perfect world, LTHers would be ceramic coated and heat-wrapped, to promote even better scavenging and keep under-hood temps as low as possible.

It should be easy to keep a LTH system at OEM levels of NVH, while still getting the free-flowing power gains.
Nothing stops you from ceramic coating headers after the fact (Mine are in black and does a great job). A simple Google search will tell you that the walls are thinner on long tube headers so they can flow better. Thickening the walls will reduce the sound but you're right back at reducing the flow so there's no point. Stock cats reduce the sound even further, but flow less. Heat wrap isn't going to do anything about the sound either. You'll just create another fire hazard for your car as its unnecessary unless you have a turbo and dishing out some serious heat. If you want a high flowing but quiet exhaust, you're going to need a lot of resonators. Stock mufflers aren't exactly the best for flow either but on an N/A setup, it doesn't really matter unless it sounds like crap.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Nothing stops you from ceramic coating headers after the fact (Mine are in black and does a great job). A simple Google search will tell you that the walls are thinner on long tube headers so they can flow better. Thickening the walls will reduce the sound but you're right back at reducing the flow so there's no point. Stock cats reduce the sound even further, but flow less. Heat wrap isn't going to do anything about the sound either. You'll just create another fire hazard for your car as its unnecessary unless you have a turbo and dishing out some serious heat. If you want a high flowing but quiet exhaust, you're going to need a lot of resonators. Stock mufflers aren't exactly the best for flow either but on an N/A setup, it doesn't really matter unless it sounds like crap.
Look....I appreciate your attempts at helping. But you clearly do not understand what LTHers do, or how they work.

Their sound levels and how they create free-flowing exhaust, has nothing to do with the thickness of their construction. They do not flow better because their "walls are thinner". They flow better because they promote scavenging of exhaust gasses, and because (in general) they're of a larger internal diameter than stock, and therefore have less back-pressure.

Therefore, everything you're posting is starting from a lack of knowledge, and not helpful.

I'm just trying to suggest to Lethal Performance that there are buyers that don't want loud. They want free-flowing, but not loud. And there's absolutely 0 reason that can't be accomplished.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Look....I appreciate your attempts at helping. But you clearly do not understand what LTHers do, or how they work.

Their sound levels and how they create free-flowing exhaust, has nothing to do with the thickness of their construction. They do not flow better because their "walls are thinner". They flow better because they promote scavenging of exhaust gasses, and because (in general) they're of a larger internal diameter than stock, and therefore have less back-pressure.

Therefore, everything you're posting is starting from a lack of knowledge, and not helpful.

I'm just trying to suggest to Lethal Performance that there are buyers that don't want loud. They want free-flowing, but not loud. And there's absolutely 0 reason that can't be accomplished.
And I'm trying to tell you headers aren't for you, but you're being ridiculous about it. I know plenty about the scavenging and one of the first things I look for is a header with a shitty collector like eBay ones. You want a quiet header and I'm telling you it ain't happening. It hasn't for many years and well, that will likely continue.

You need a seriously muffled axleback (like a stock muffler) with a beefy resonator for the midpipe to make it quiet.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Add a high flowing mid muffler if you want to counter out the added noise of cat removal. thats basically the only option. magnaflow 12599
Sponsored