More R pricing lunacy

Gloff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 XLT Sport
Fully understand that Electronic Package cars will be built in October and March as well and it was not my intent to suggest that only the base 920A cars were being built during the first 2 production months for the 2018 R's.

I have already have one base R model and with a little bit of luck I am hoping to have a second base R within the next couple of months.

:cheers:
No worries, that's just how I read it.:cheers:
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Porsche could build a lot more GT cars, too - and lower the price so everyone could afford them. That's not how it works.

Shabooty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
I think they will drop again. Once the GT500 is announced and/or MY19 for the GT350 is confirmed, prices will go down. Just my opinion, but it makes sense to me.
As much as I'd like to believe this (even though I have my R so it doesn't really affect me I guess), I see it the same as the 991.1/991.2 GT3 and the current Cayman GT4 to 718 GT4. Both the 718 GT4 and the 991.2 GT3 have been announced and the current GT3/GT4 prices are holding pretty strong.

OP
OP
96cobra

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Well I wasn't saying the R was going to lose value, just saying it's not worth $108K!! Let's say it stickers at $68K, $40K is almost a 60% dealer markup (58% to be exact). If someone is truly willing to pay that, good for them!

The market is strong and I think it will remain strong for a while. I think right now $10-$20K ADM is a more realistic range for a new one. I have mine locked and really don't care one way or another, but I can tell you this, when I locked in at the price I did I had to personally accept that fact that the car could be selling for less than I locked in at... as well as potentially more than I locked in at. I love the car and don't care, but for obvious reasons I hope it's more. :)

I'm sticking to my guns that $40K ADM ($108K) is indeed LUNACY for this car. :cheers:

OP
OP
96cobra

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Porsche could build a lot more GT cars, too - and lower the price so everyone could afford them. That's not how it works.
But, Ford initially indicated around 500 units for 2017, and instead will be producing somewhere near 1000.

Anything is possible.

Sponsored

Flounder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Gt 350
I think they will drop again. Once the GT500 is announced and/or MY19 for the GT350 is confirmed, prices will go down. Just my opinion, but it makes sense to me.
Agree. Also, consider that the economy has been expanding for a VERY long time. Cycles generally do not last this long. Stock market at all time high.
A good sign that we may be nearing a bust: People are willing to pay 20 to 30k over msrp for a Mustang. I could see the R selling for msrp within a year but hope it does not. Funny how things can change so drastically in a 12 month period.
And with all that being said, i still may still pay over msrp to get one!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
But, Ford initially indicated around 500 units for 2017, and instead will be producing somewhere near 1000.

Anything is possible.
Just to clarify - Ford never indicated any specific production numbers for any year other than 2015...I've been around for a while and read everything I've been able to find so I'd be surprised if it's posted *officially from Ford* anywhere...but I've been wrong before....

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
The thing is this- the car is on the ground ready for a buyer RIGHT NOW. The announcement on the 2018 #'s is relatively fresh, and the market has gotten stronger on R's for now. I'd gladly sell my 2017 for $30K over if someone wants to wire me the money! But in all reality, it's a pipe dream.

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that things can change quickly and prices can go up or down just on an announcement. I think some (Tom?) even renegotiated their ADM on an R they had on order because at that specific time, the market was lower. But it was higher when the order was placed, and higher when the actual car came in.

A $40K ADM has always been ridiculous for this car, with the only exception being a 2015 model. There are a lot of cars that could be had for the $100k range that would be very appealing, such as the GT4 or even a loaded out Z06 or upcoming ZR1 to name a few.

Shabooty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Well I wasn't saying the R was going to lose value, just saying it's not worth $108K!! Let's say it stickers at $68K, $40K is almost a 60% dealer markup (58% to be exact). If someone is truly willing to pay that, good for them!

The market is strong and I think it will remain strong for a while. I think right now $10-$20K ADM is a more realistic range for a new one. I have mine locked and really don't care one way or another, but I can tell you this, when I locked in at the price I did I had to personally accept that fact that the car could be selling for less than I locked in at... as well as potentially more than I locked in at. I love the car and don't care, but for obvious reasons I hope it's more. :)

I'm sticking to my guns that $40K ADM ($108K) is indeed LUNACY for this car. :cheers:
Ah, I got ya. I guess I just kind of misread lol. Kind of close minded I suppose. But yeah, $108 for a GT350R is absolutely dumb.

RyanR3KC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Best story I heard from a friend was the guy negotiated the sell price for his 350R (~$75K), finance was approved...his friend went to the bank and came back check in hand....

then the Dealership GM stepped in at the last minute and said "oh no...we can't finalize this deal at that price. we need to renegotiate. we feel this car is worth a lot more."

in the end the GM realized they were wrong and he was out the door at ~$75K.
Sponsored