More R pricing lunacy

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Can't we all just get along? :shrug:
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I think they will drop again. Once the GT500 is announced and/or MY19 for the GT350 is confirmed, prices will go down. Just my opinion, but it makes sense to me.
I agree that the 2018 GT350's may come down in price if and when a GT500 is confirmed but that may be a long ways off.

As far as a 2019MY for the GT350 who knows what can happen but if Ford comes out with a new 2019 GT500, Mach 1, Bronco, GT500KR, Focus RS, Raptor, Ford GT, Boss 351, Boss 429 or any of the previous possible models I would suggest that the FPC GT350 is pretty much done for the 2018MY based on saturation of the market.

As far as a 2018 GT350R coming down on price I suggest that may be a different story.

Do you really think that with much less planned production of the 2018 R model (55% less production) that is going to bring prices down? I don't think so! These cars are special and with limited production in 2018 prices will remain strong.

Since the Fall of 2015 many Mustang enthusiasts have been calling for MSRP or less on future R models and where are they ~2 years later? Just as high as ever and about to climb even higher once the 2018MY October cars are pretty much done until the Spring of 2018.

I would suggest that anyone that can get a new R model at close to MSRP would be a very good deal!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I agree that the 2018 GT350's may come down in price if and when a GT500 is confirmed but that may be a long ways off.

As far as a 2019MY for the GT350 who knows what can happen but if Ford comes out with a new 2019 GT500, Mach 1, Bronco, GT500KR, Focus RS, Raptor, Ford GT, Boss 351, Boss 429 or any of the previous possible models I would suggest that the FPC GT350 is pretty much done for the 2018MY based on saturation of the market.

As far as a 2018 GT350R coming down on price I suggest that may be a different story.

Do you really think that with much less planned production of the 2018 R model (55% less production) that is going to bring prices down? I don't think so! These cars are special and with limited production in 2018 prices will remain strong.

Since the Fall of 2015 many Mustang enthusiasts have been calling for MSRP or less on future R models and where are they ~2 years later? Just as high as ever and about to climb even higher once the 2018MY October cars are pretty much done until the Spring of 2018.

I would suggest that anyone that can get a new R model at close to MSRP would be a very good deal!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
All of the above is true, however it is all dependent upon what Ford does next. I think the R market is strong, so much so that I antied all in on two of them at very low Adm's. The rationale was that the R will indeed hold value better than a standard 350.

Your move Ford.... make the next halo car something that is not apples to apples to the R, or create the next evolution track car that will outperform the R both in a straight line and on the track.

What comes next will determine whether the decisions made were correct or way off.

I've heard of a '19 MY and I honestly believe that would not be a good move on Ford's part. Let's keep things moving and evolving.

Snakedriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
R prices aren't going down with limited production for 2018 most dealers will be Lucky to get one for the year they want all the money for it.

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350

Sponsored

oldmachguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Prediction

Humble prediction: a new specialty model (Boss xxx, Mach 1, etc) to be unveiled at Detroit in Jan. Not limited production numbers, though probably will be limited years. GT350 ends w/ 2018 MY. (so R remains limited)

Don't ask me why. Just my .02. That is all.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Humble prediction: a new specialty model (Boss xxx, Mach 1, etc) to be unveiled at Detroit in Jan. Not limited production numbers, though probably will be limited years. GT350 ends w/ 2018 MY. (so R remains limited)

Don't ask me why. Just my .02. That is all.
The same guy told me the same thing.

MaxWW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, Mercedes Benz SL63, Ford Edge, RV6
A local dealer in my state has an R with a $50K ADM. I believe it's the only '17 GT350R currently for sale in the state. If you think ADMs are bad in Cali, try living in a state in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. LOL
I would LOVE to try living in a state in the middle of the Pacific ocean!

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Well, that didn't take long to go away. Big surprise...2017 R with less than 2k miles and a dump truck load of goodies for $75k. Must have sold in less than a day.

Anybody that wanted to sleep on that is regretting it already. :D
It did! Sold the same day of the post. In fact! Hours after the post. It was a great deal indeed especially with the limited production of 18MY R's and prices going up not down. It is really insane. My local market which is in Alabama has several R's and all going for 30k over. One in particular recently sold to a serious buyer who negotiated down to 15k over but still 15k over in my book is a lot. Damn this car is hot right now.

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
It's a shame how much they mark these things up. Ford should produce them like my car, yes a little less rare but I still hardly see any on the road and the prices are more than reasonable. Jmo

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
All of the above is true, however it is all dependent upon what Ford does next. I think the R market is strong, so much so that I antied all in on two of them at very low Adm's. The rationale was that the R will indeed hold value better than a standard 350.

Your move Ford.... make the next halo car something that is not apples to apples to the R, or create the next evolution track car that will outperform the R both in a straight line and on the track.

What comes next will determine whether the decisions made were correct or way off.

I've heard of a '19 MY and I honestly believe that would not be a good move on Ford's part. Let's keep things moving and evolving.
In addition to scheduled production volumes being dramatically reduced for the 2018 R's it will be interesting to see where pricing levels out for the 920A base model cars during FR's 2 months of production for these base cars?

It is my understanding that the base 920A cars will only be built this October and next March after which time all subsequent R models will come equipped with the Electronics Package as standard equipment.

Will Ford dealerships take further advantage of us enthusiasts by jacking up the price even further on these very limited production 920A base cars?

There might not be enough demand based on previous history but you can bet that some dealerships will give it the old college try when it comes to increasing their ADM for these cars.

;)

Gloff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 XLT Sport
In addition to scheduled production volumes being dramatically reduced for the 2018 R's it will be interesting to see where pricing levels out for the 920A base model cars during FR's 2 months of production for these base cars?

It is my understanding that the base 920A cars will only be built this October and next March after which time all subsequent R models will come equipped with the Electronics Package as standard equipment.

Will Ford dealerships take further advantage of us enthusiasts by jacking up the price even further on these very limited production 920A base cars?

There might not be enough demand based on previous history but you can bet that some dealerships will give it the old college try when it comes to increasing their ADM for these cars.

;)
They're not only producing base 920A cars in October, both base and electronics are being built. The Electronics package requirement is for cars built after April 2018 due to the rear camera requirement that takes effect.

Last edited:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
They're not only producing base 920A cars in October, both base and electronics are being built. The Electronics package requirement is for cars built after April 2018 due to the rear camera requirement that takes effect.
Fully understand that Electronic Package cars will be built in October and March as well and it was not my intent to suggest that only the base 920A cars were being built during the first 2 production months for the 2018 R's.

I have already have one base R model and with a little bit of luck I am hoping to have a second base R within the next couple of months.

:cheers:

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It's a shame how much they mark these things up. Ford should produce them like my car, yes a little less rare but I still hardly see any on the road and the prices are more than reasonable. Jmo
Unlike the '05/'06 GT, the 350/350R are production line vehicles and Ford could, subject to parts availability such as the CF wheels, produce as many as the demand dictates. Obviously with 50% ADM still on the table 3 years into production, the demand far exceeds the supply. However, I can think of very, very few production line, US vehicle in the last 30-40 years that has appreciated in value. Maybe if you have a pristine, ultra low mile Grand National (GNX cars were modified post-assembly so I don't count those) it might bring above original MSRP........but that's about all I can think of.

I will be watching 350R pricing very closely going forward.......;)
Sponsored