• Thread starter Deleted member 33561
  • Start date
  • Watchers 20

Snook66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Grabber Blue
I put a portable 150 psi compressor and plug kit in my vehicles. I don't trust that mess that came from Ford.
Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Replaced my tire goop kit on day 1 with the spare tire kit ($225 from Ebay).

Lussier4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18MY on order
What did you find on Ebay for $225?

I'm looking for a spare tire option for my 18GT/PP

CurtisH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost PP, 2011 Edge
I want a spare tire for my 2018 Ecoboost PP. Can anyone make a good recommendation? Ideally, I’d like it to fit in the wheel well and not stick up. Thanks.

Last edited:

CurtisH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The spare tire is a 155/60/18 = 25.3" x 6.1", which does fit in the well.
My tire diameter is 27", so the spare is 1.7" shy of matching.
I have both the spare and the kit so that I have options.
Can anybody report on how the PP aftermarket kit fits?
Does the smaller diameter cause any problems?

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
What did you find on Ebay for $225?

I'm looking for a spare tire option for my 18GT/PP
The OEM spare tire kit with the jack. They are regularly sold by dealerships for $220-230 on eBay. You have a PP, so you would need a spacer, I believe, to get it to work on your front brakes. I was reading some thread a few days ago and apparently some company sells a spare made for the 15" brakes that fits in the spare tire well. Can't remember the outlet though..

I want a spare tire for my 2018 Ecoboost PP. Can anyone make a good recommendation? Ideally, I’d like it to fit in the wheel well and not stick up. Thanks.
You should be able to use the OEM spare since you don't have the 15" brakes. Hop on ebay and search for "mustang spare tire kit." First result should be the factory Ford spare with the jack and instructions.

CurtisH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should be able to use the OEM spare since you don't have the 15" brakes. Hop on ebay and search for "mustang spare tire kit." First result should be the factory Ford spare with the jack and instructions.
I was going to ask if using it on the rear would cause problems since the Ecoboost PP has the Torsen rear end. But I just found another message thread https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40727where someone contacted Torsen and they said using the mini spare wouldn’t hurt as long as they stayed within the limits of the spare. Thanks.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Does the smaller diameter cause any problems?
In general for limited slip rears, the difference in diameters causes premature wear of the frictions. The more you drive on different size tires, the worse it is.

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
OP dude I've used that thing COUNTLESS times to fill air or patch nails. Used it weekly in another car. Got a new S550 and this car's pump works just fine, although I still have the old one in case.

OP
OP

Deleted member 33561

Lucky you. Ford dealer ordered a kit which comes with all 4 TPMS/valve stems and replaced all 4.
I wish I would have taken a picture of the mechanics face when he switched the kit over to "Repair". The gooey stuff came out all over the tire.
Everyone should check to see if their kit works "before" they need it. Just don't switch it to repair mode. :)

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Did any s550's come with a spare? I am wondering if it's worth it to check the junk yard.

I don't need the jack or wrench.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Used mine several times, works perfect, just a little slow.

Also used the one from my RS, that was a little faster.

krack999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
I'm not sure what the fuss is about the portable tire repair kit. It worked great for me last week. You do have to ensure you fully engage the nozzle to where the air stops leaking.

My suggestion:

1. Put it on all the way.
2. Turn it to "air" and enable. Make sure air is going into the tire and not leaking.
3. Turn it over to "repair" and let the smelly white goo go into the tire.
4. Turn it back over to "air" at some point. I waited until the pressure went to 30 PSI.
5. Wait until the tire pressure reads 40 before you turn it off and disconnect. I monitored mine through the dash gauge. Its handy. There is a 3-5 second delay.

I drove the car to the dealership and they patched the tire for $33 with tax 4 days later. Not bad. I never had to remove the tire.
Sponsored