Sponsored

Mold Inside Car

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Admittedly, this isn't about my Mustang, but my Camaro. It rarely gets driven, because it's a giant pain in the butt to get started (big block), and to protect it from my kid and his friends, it sits under a car cover. I keep Damp Rid buckets in the car, but if I don't check it often enough, it can get too humid (this is Charleston, SC, and I'm 100 yards from the river, with a garage that is "open" to the elements.

Anyone have any ideas on keeping mold from growing on the leather and vinyl surfaces? It's easily wiped up, but it's another deterrent to actually driving the car.

Should I keep the windows down? Currently, the windows are kept up, with the rear hatch slightly ajar (so thatt the battery tender can keep the battery topped off.

JR
Sponsored

Hillsndale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 Magneride Magnetic Grey
I'd be leary of leaving a window more than a sliver open because mice. Peppermint oil keeps them away but you have to keep refreshing it.
Maybe a small fan to circulate air? Any way to enclose the garage and run a dehumidifier?

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Get a computer fan and a small solar panel, crack the side glass 1/16th of an inch, hook fan to edge of glass, the air movement will stop it.
As for hard starts after sitting, I have found if you put vacuum hose over the carb bowl vents, and at other end a small ball valve, and shut the ball valve after you park it, the bowl doesn't go empty, you just have to remember to open the valve before you start it.
I used a motorbike/moped fuel on/off valve and hid it behind the grill of the car, no more cranking, cranking, cranking. to start it, open valve, get in pump gas pedal and turn key.
Vrooom.
Vacuum line runs from bowl vent, through air cleaner base, then follows upper rad hose(hidden on bottom side of hose) to core support then to grill.
Sponsored

Last edited: