Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Hi all,

When spring rolls around I want to install a few things, along with new rims + tires to finish off my suspension setup. For wheels I'm gonna do black RTR Tech 7s with summer tires, probably MT street comps or Michelin PSS tires. I want some input on what to add next.

Here's the mods done so far:

Ford Racing - strut tower/k brace, track springs, track shocks/struts, toe-knuckle bearing kit
BMR - CB005, TCA046, TR005, and sway bars (middle stiff)

Here's what I want to add- bumpsteer kit and caster/camber plates

Steeda Bumpsteer kit and
Either Maximum Motorsports CC plates or BMR CC plates. Leaning towards BMR because I'm familiar with their products and satisfied w them.

Might want to do: BMR LCA bearing kit

What are your thoughts guys? I'm happy with how the car rides except for bumpsteer and my alignment is good, but not 100% perfect. Steering is ultra responsive but a little twitchy because of the bumpsteer and my lack of front toe, I'm running 0 front toe right now.

Alignment specs are:

Front camber (L/R) -1.6, -1.6
Rear camber (L/R) -1.9, -2.0
Caster (L/R) 7.8, 7.6
Front toe (L/R) 0.00, -0.01
Rear toe (L/R) 0.14, 0.15
Thrust angle -0.01

Don't really want anymore NVH and so the LCA bearing kit I am not sure of, plus that will add to the install cost.

Basically I want to feel more in control by correcting the bumpsteer, dial in my suspension by correcting the geometry and then lastly, dial in the steering so its responsive but stable.
Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
If you thought the FRPP Toe Knuckle Bearing kit made a big difference, you will be amazed at the BMR-BK055 RLCA Bearing Kit. The quality, design and performance benefit.

Put it this way - on my PP car, my very first mod was the CB005...and my next mod will be the BK055. ;)

NVH - very minimal. If the part is installed properly, and the other components that need to be removed during install, are re-installed properly...the NVH gain is basically nothing. You "could" notice a little more harshness on sharp and drastic surface changes....such as pavement changes (bridges for example, or deflectors, etc)

I think MM is excellent and they build great parts. Either MM or BMR for the plates would be great, and the BK055 IMO is a must have.

I say, pull the trigger and provide feedback!

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
If you thought the FRPP Toe Knuckle Bearing kit made a big difference, you will be amazed at the BMR-BK055 RLCA Bearing Kit. The quality, design and performance benefit.

Put it this way - on my PP car, my very first mod was the CB005...and my next mod will be the BK055. ;)

NVH - very minimal. If the part is installed properly, and the other components that need to be removed during install, are re-installed properly...the NVH gain is basically nothing. You "could" notice a little more harshness on sharp and drastic surface changes....such as pavement changes (bridges for example, or deflectors, etc)

I think MM is excellent and they build great parts. Either MM or BMR for the plates would be great, and the BK055 IMO is a must have.

I say, pull the trigger and provide feedback!

Hmm.. if you're that gun ho about it, I just may have to! I wonder if this piece could help my launches.

That's one of the issues I have along with AS 18" tires :frusty:

I'm thinking wider tires should help me get better traction off the line. I'm trying to decide if I should go 9.5" wide on all four or staggered 9.5" - 10.5" on 19s.

As for the NVH- if all it is is slightly sharper feel on pavement transitions, I am already feeling that right now. I'm pretty much used to it now and it seems to me that's it's just a by product of a stiffer car. Doesn't bother me anymore.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm.. if you're that gun ho about it, I just may have to! I wonder if this piece could help my launches.

That's one of the issues I have along with AS 18" tires :frusty:

I'm thinking wider tires should help me get better traction off the line. I'm trying to decide if I should go 9.5" wide on all four or staggered 9.5" - 10.5" on 19s.

As for the NVH- if all it is is slightly sharper feel on pavement transitions, I am already feeling that right now. I'm pretty much used to it now and it seems to me that's it's just a by product of a stiffer car. Doesn't bother me anymore.
Getting rid of the crap 18" AS tires will improve so much. They hop badly launching and will only pull 0.83g on the skidpad :frusty:. I'd upgrade rubber before anything else, given what you have on the car.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Getting rid of the crap 18" AS tires will improve so much. They hop badly launching and will only pull 0.83g on the skidpad :frusty:. I'd upgrade rubber before anything else, given what you have on the car.
I know. It really is laughable how I can do all this stuff to my car and I'm riding on this crap tires. Good God Ryan, get it together.:headbonk:

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I know. It really is laughable how I can do all this stuff to my car and I'm riding on this crap tires. Good God Ryan, get it together.:headbonk:
You're not the only one :headbonk:

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
square tire setup, and good tires, not the junk you have now

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
square tire setup, and good tires, not the junk you have now
What are some good tires you can recommend? Yes the A/S tires are junk. The best 0-60 I can muster is 5.9 lol. Folks will think I've got a V6.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
What are some good tires you can recommend? Yes the A/S tires are junk. The best 0-60 I can muster is 5.9 lol. Folks will think I've got a V6.
Best value: Firestone Indy 500 (not the Wide Oval), BFGoodrich G-force Comp 2, Conti DW
Best street tire: MPSS >>>> Bridgestone S-04, Conti DW, Nitto NT555 G2
Best track-focused street tire: Bridgestone RE-11
Autocross/track streetable tires: Bridgestone RE-71R, Hankook RS3 v2, Dunlop Star Spec ZII, BFGoodrich Rival

Reading the reviews of the Indy 500, I'm thinking strongly about them, as they seem to punch well above their "tire class" weight and right up there in grip with the best of the "Max Performance" category.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I also vote for the lower control arm bearings. The car feels better when going straight and especially while turning under heavy acceleration. My favorite mod!

Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
tires are the biggest upgrade you can do to a car handling wise. Like putting match ammo in a precision rifle. Youre going to be shocked at how much change tires will be. Michelin Pilot Super Sports are the best street tire you can get handling wise

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
tires are the biggest upgrade you can do to a car handling wise. Like putting match ammo in a precision rifle. Youre going to be shocked at how much change tires will be. Michelin Pilot Super Sports are the best street tire you can get handling wise
Yup! Our non-PP cars are like running a 100 meter dash with snow boots on, or at best, leather-soled dress shoes.

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe
Agreed on tires, but I would add that a premium tire, such as the SS, offers vastly more than just dry grip. What you get is a refined ride quality, incredible response, predictable break-way, long life AND the ultimate in wet grip. Seriously, the wet grip is almost as good as dry such that a wet road simply becomes a non-issue, within reason of course. They are easily worth the money because they literally transform a car. No other suspension mod comes anywhere close to a good tire.

OP - there's honestly no point in going any further without better tires. And with better tires you'll likely see no need to go any further - at the very least your direction will change after good tires. Size and square are secondary - most important is to just get a good tire on that thing.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed on tires, but I would add that a premium tire, such as the SS, offers vastly more than just grip. What you get is a refined ride quality, incredible response, long life AND the ultimate in wet grip. Seriously, the wet grip is almost as good as dry such that a wet road simply becomes a non-issue, within reason of course. They are easily worth the money because they literally transform a car. No other suspension mod comes anywhere close to a good tire.

OP - there's honestly no point in going any further without better tires. And with better tires you'll likely see no need to go any further. Size and square are secondary - most important is to just get a good tire on that thing.
:headbang:

Agreed. I love Super Sports. They're MUCH better at everything except cold weather and longevity, although not far off there either.
Sponsored