Mods that will pass annual inspection?

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
What mods out there will pass a state annual safety/emissions inspection. New to this and don’t want to invest money in any performance/sound enhancements and then find out they won’t pass inspection when it rolls around.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Best way to find that answer... contact local Mustang club, torucher yourself, go to car shows. Try to get a read there, local sources would be best info. Every state has its own laws. Here is GA anything goes, we are lucky, it's a ca friendly state.

Ho Lee Chit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Ragtop
I also live in NC and it depends on which county you live in. I know in Wilson county, anything goes, there is no smog checks anymore. If your in Raleigh, sorry they still smog there. You can also check online at NCDOT.gov .

o-man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
I would think anything with a CARB number would be fine

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
What mods out there will pass a state annual safety/emissions inspection. New to this and don’t want to invest money in any performance/sound enhancements and then find out they won’t pass inspection when it rolls around.
As rapid red stated its all down to your local laws, some are visual tests others a plug in and others the sniff.
need to educate yourself on exactly what the law states in your area and work from there.
Sponsored