Mods on Active Exhaust?

Mailman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
22 Eco 6sp conv. 21 Lexus 300 F-sport
I've got a '22 6sp convertible on its way with active exhaust. If it doesn't quite have the sound I want in 'track mode', has anybody done anything to kick it up a notch with AE installed?
Sponsored

SrN95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Magnetic Metallic
Steeda H pipe is what I did to mine, kicked it up a notch without losing AE functionality. Super easy install also.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Here’s what I did to add sound and performance to my 2019 Bullitt. I retained active the exhaust, added catted LTHs and a Steeda X-pipe.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Tons of posts on this. Any H or X pipe will really wake it up in track mode. Any brand will do, there is little to no gain in performance, it will sound great.

Offshoregames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
21’ GT Premium PP1 Carbonized Grey Metallic loaded
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda H pipe really brought mine to life. Get compliments on the sound all the time

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
If you go with a Steeda x or h, do yourself a favor and upgrade the 2.5” clamps to something better. I bought mine on Amazon

OP
OP
Mailman

Mailman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Tons of posts on this. Any H or X pipe will really wake it up in track mode. Any brand will do, there is little to no gain in performance, it will sound great.
I've got an ecoboost. All I'm seeing is GT h-pipes. Thanks for the tips.......the search is on.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I've got an ecoboost. All I'm seeing is GT h-pipes. Thanks for the tips.......the search is on.
I didn’t realize you had an ecoboost (didn’t look at your sig). Here you go. Borla setup here will run you about $1950.

1642971752824.png

It’ll probably sound similar to this.

OP
OP
Mailman

Mailman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Got this figured out. Looks like a Roush y pipe is the ticket. Something tells me I'll put one on whether I need it or not. Thanks again.

OP
OP
Mailman

Mailman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I didn’t realize you had an ecoboost (didn’t look at your sig). Here you go. Borla setup here will run you about $1950.

1642971752824.png

It’ll probably sound similar to this.

Geez, I'm already out $1100 for the active exhaust. Rip that out and add the Borla and I'd be sporting one pricey fartcan!!! That Borla did sound pretty good!

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Geez, I'm already out $1100 for the active exhaust. Rip that out and add the Borla and I'd be sporting one pricey fartcan!!! That Borla did sound pretty good!
Haha! Yeah, all of these systems are big ticket items. It doesn’t matter if it’s a V-Twin motorcycle, 4 , 6 or 8 cylinder vehicle.

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
Got this figured out. Looks like a Roush y pipe is the ticket. Something tells me I'll put one on whether I need it or not. Thanks again.
Not sure if you're aware of this but an AE EB car already comes from Ford with a Y pipe.....no resonator!

OP
OP
Mailman

Mailman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I guess I should just wait for the car to get here and take a look & listen. My problem is I do exhaust stuff on everything. Hell, I'm running straight dual quads on my Lexus RC300 F sport AWD!!!!

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I guess I should just wait for the car to get here and take a look & listen. My problem is I do exhaust stuff on everything. Hell, I'm running straight dual quads on my Lexus RC300 F sport AWD!!!!
Get the new down pipe as suggested above and a really good set of mufflers. Take the factory exhaust off, carefully cut out the mufflers, take it to a reputable welder, who runs good beads and have them weld in the new mufflers for a nice and clean leak-free fit. Should be much cheaper than a full system.

rothrj91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Lime PP1 GT
If you go with a Steeda x or h, do yourself a favor and upgrade the 2.5” clamps to something better. I bought mine on Amazon
Any link or OEM part number to the ones you're referring to?
Sponsored