jeremy0210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2020
Has anyone done any mods to their active exhaust, such as
muffler delete, muffler swap (flowmaster, magnaflow, etc), borla S type catback (only aftermarket exhaust with AE) or downpipe.
I want to change up the sound of my active exhaust but can't seem to find anything about it.

Give me some ideas what to do.
Thanks!
Sponsored

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
I installed a CVF catted downpipe and it helped the sound a lot. Other than that, there is little you can do. IMHO, the Active Exhaust is the best you can get, but you cannot turn four cylinders into eight.

devarin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I haven’t done anything to the exhaust side of things but I put in an AFE box filter, AirAid intake pipe, cvf charge pipes and street intercooler for better air flow and it seems to have changed the exhaust notes a bit.

OP
OP

jeremy0210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2020
I haven’t done anything to the exhaust side of things but I put in an AFE box filter, AirAid intake pipe, cvf charge pipes and street intercooler for better air flow and it seems to have changed the exhaust notes a bit.

Sounds deep I like it bro

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Has anyone done any mods to their active exhaust, such as
muffler delete, muffler swap (flowmaster, magnaflow, etc), borla S type catback (only aftermarket exhaust with AE) or downpipe.
I want to change up the sound of my active exhaust but can't seem to find anything about it.

Give me some ideas what to do.
Thanks!
They make active exhaust catbacks for your car. We sell them all here at www.lethalperformance.com. Look into the Borla. https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...tang-ecoboost-2-3l/2018/exhaust-1/cat-backs-1

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
Mods to active exhaust?

WHY ??

My 2021 EB with Active Exhaust just arrived at my dealer Monday and I got to hear all the modes.

"Quiet", sounds just like my 2016 with the stock exhaust back on ... stealthy for sure but WAY TOO QUIET.

The loudest mode (Track ??), sound similar to my Stainless Works Cat Back that was on my 2016 for 5 years / 90+k miles. Sound good, but a little loud for everyday driving.

Surprisingly, the "normal" mode sounds just about perfect to me, some growl but not obnoxious.

Have not driven it yet ... will be picking up Friday 7/2, so I'll have more feedback this weekend.

Doug
Sponsored