Mods? Help me spend my $

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Ok guys, i got a 2015 GT Prem auto and looking to add some kick. Would like to see around 30 hp and lb ft gains give or take. Not planning to go xtreme like F/I or crazy HP. Around 470 to the crank is good for my needs.

I am a LS guy and don't know jack about this 5.0 or what mods give what gains.

So if you were in my shoes what would you do to get around a 30hp gain?
Sponsored

D.Brown

Save the Manuels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
15' GT
Ok guys, i got a 2015 GT Prem auto and looking to add some kick. Would like to see around 30 hp and lb ft gains give or take. Not planning to go xtreme like F/I or crazy HP. Around 470 to the crank is good for my needs.

I am a LS guy and don't know jack about this 5.0 or what mods give what gains.

So if you were in my shoes what would you do to get around a 30hp gain?
Intake and a tune. Done deal. Or even just a tune. You really could have just done a search for this instead of creating another thread.

OP
OP
CCCP1999

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Intake and a tune. Done deal. Or even just a tune. You really could have just done a search for this instead of creating another thread.
Well if peeps never started new threads forums sites would be pretty dead ted.

My LS tuner would use HP tuners. I hear Lund is better, plus he has never had a 5.0 on his rollers.

Matt@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethal Performance
Congrats on the new ride!

As D.Brown mentioned, picking up an Intake and Tune should accomplish what you are looking for. If you'd like some recommendations, feel free to give me a call at Lethal Performance and I'll give you a few different options and you can take it from there.

Matt

BlackBoostedStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I don't see many GT350 intakes going on 5.0's yet.. but for the money they seem like a very good investment

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
This:

http://www.steeda.com/steeda-ultimate-induction-pack-manual-2015-gt-555-3202/

Over 30 rwhp and 23 ft/lb tq gain!
Outperforms all other cold air intakes on the market today
Easy bolt*in installation
Retains sound tube and factory cold air ducting (also includes cap for sound tube elimination)
Power increase at all RPM ranges * not just peak power
Precision CNC mass air housing equals clean mass air signal resulting in smooth off*throttle to on*throttle acceleration
Lower intake air temperatures (IAT) at cruise when compared to the competition
Package includes Steeda's ProFlow Mustang Cold Air Intake and an SCT X4 Tuning Device/li>
Lifetime warranty

Just one of several reviews:

AWESOME TUNE BY STEEDA!!
Loaded up my new Steeda 93-octane tune today, with the Proflow CAI restrictor tube removed from the MAF housing. NO MORE REV-HANG! The car shifts just like stock, and the rpms drop right where they need to. The car feels great with the bigger MAF housing, and an awesome tune by Steeda!!
Happy to help put you in contact with our tuning dept. or provide additional information on the subject - you can reach me at [email protected].

Best Regards,

TJ

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Do you want a warranty? Roush and FRPP are your warranty safe options. If you don't care about warranties then that makes a lot more companies available. The Mustang aftermarket is ridiculously huge.

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
Contact us for any questions about exhausts. We'll be happy to help! We have some very happy customers with the new Ark Performance exhaust.

-Josh

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
tj@steeda hooked me up with matt@steeda for my tune and I love it. No issues with it ever, car runs super. The other guys have good tunes also, don't get me wrong, a tune is definitely money well spent for what you get in return. But, you get the car tuned, then you'll want a better flowing, rumbling exhaust. Then to rip around better, you'll want suspension upgrades. Then you'll want nicer wheels and wider tires to help you hook up better. And then you'll want, . . . . . . . .

Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
lol all the vendors having a field day.

so pretty much any cold air intake will do it - but JLT, and Steeda are the most popular Roush/Ford Performance is also up there.

Lund by far and away leads the tuning for our cars, but again plenty of great options.

those two alone (really just the tune alone) will get you there, plus you can also run a flex fuel tune with Lund and others to have the flexibility to have a little more horsepower simply by putting some corn in the tank.

Welcome to Mustang6G, enjoy your stay.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
[MENTION=21494]wildcatgoal[/MENTION] thanks for the shoutout!

I would recommend our latest "AS SEEN ON TV" perfomance bundle is for your 2015-2016 MUSTANG GT with the powerful 5.0 engine. Seen on the popular TV show CAR FIX TV this bundle will greatly enhance the power of your Mustang GT. This performance bundle includes a MyCalibrator tuner, our Severe Windstorm CAI and our Evenflo high flow low temperature thermostat. Our tuners here at Livernois Motorsports developed custom calibrations just for this package with its modified CAI and the low temperature thermostat to get you the best driving experience with great drivability and more power! You get gains of up to 46hp and 48# torque with this great package.

ex_q90_w680_h_images_ePIM_original_P04_LPP663140_main.jpg

ex_q90_w680_h_images_ePIM_original_windstorm.jpg

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP663140

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
Above package sounds great!

I'd make a new cover for that CAI... sorry but... not attractive. Sorry.
it's just a AIRAID cai with their logo, not like they designed it. :thumbsup:
Sponsored