Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
It might be the intent for the oil life to be based on utilization but it sure seems like it's locked to 10k miles and I see no way in the console to change the percentage. I used to drive about 100 highway miles per day which was about 90% of my total driving. It would make sense that it was always using 10k for oil life then. More recently most of my driving is short trip, not exceeding 15 miles and some only 1 mile and my oil life still seems to always be based on 10k. I always change the oil at 5k and use the odometer but it would be nice if I could change the oil life to 5k.
No way the "locked in at 10k" thing is happening. That's probably just a software maximum.

On my car, I reset the oil life monitor at around 1k.

I'm at 5k now, and it says 25% remaining.

Some of y'all don't beat on your cars I guess. :shrug:
Sponsored

hcappie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
No way the "locked in at 10k" thing is happening. That's probably just a software maximum.

On my car, I reset the oil life monitor at around 1k.

I'm at 5k now, and it says 25% remaining.

Some of y'all don't beat on your cars I guess. :shrug:
Try resetting the interval in the Sync module if you have myford touch. There it gives you options for maintenance reminders

moubayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Any idea as to how to change the ACM lines so that I can have even radio numbers and RDS in Germany? Thank you

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The manual says it is based an many different factors. Page 420:

Also, I haven't looked in the Mustang yet, but our 2012 Explorer lets you reset the monitor to several different percentages. It doesn't just have to go back to 100%. Now that the engine is getting on in that vehicle (and the warranty is coming to an end) I have considered resetting it to less than 100%.
My father in laws 13 f150 does that too. Id like to change the % cause on e85 and penzoil platnum it takes almost 7500 miles just for it to reach 25% remaining. To me that doesnt sound logical as e85 beats up oil quicker than 93. Even at 7500 on 93 I dont want to wait that long in between oil changes

Zepboy

5LitresOfDemocracy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Race Manual GT
Apologies for cross-posting this, but I need to make sure people see it so I can get an answer.
Us poor Aussies hvae our cars delivered with line lock disabled. There is much interest in enabling it through OBD/ForScan. I have successfully done my car and one other, but this morning I tried it on a 2017 car with Sync 3. Even though I've successfully updated both settings (one in ABS, one in IPC), the option appears in the TrackApps menu, but it is greyed out.
Does anyone know anything about enabling link lock in 2017/Sync 3 cars?

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Looks like I have some catching up to do on this line lock stuff. I thought it wasn't doable
I haven't seen anyone do it on an ecoboost yet. I'm hoping someone figures it out though.

Zepboy

5LitresOfDemocracy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Race Manual GT
Turns out there wasnt a problem at all. The owner went for a drive.....stop-started a few times and it was enabled. He's tested it and very happy with the results.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Try resetting the interval in the Sync module if you have myford touch. There it gives you options for maintenance reminders
I have a Sync 3 swap. Not sure there's anywhere in there to do anything with the oil life monitor, I use the one in the IPC.

Sponsored

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Apologies for cross-posting this, but I need to make sure people see it so I can get an answer.
Us poor Aussies hvae our cars delivered with line lock disabled. There is much interest in enabling it through OBD/ForScan. I have successfully done my car and one other, but this morning I tried it on a 2017 car with Sync 3. Even though I've successfully updated both settings (one in ABS, one in IPC), the option appears in the TrackApps menu, but it is greyed out.
Does anyone know anything about enabling link lock in 2017/Sync 3 cars?

I believe you need to turn on track mode. Did you try that?

I helped an aussie on the forscan forums enable line lock months and months ago. It's somewhere in this thread.

edit: found the thread, @Zepboy . hope it helps :) http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2509&hilit=line+lock
watch this video if you need more help: [ame]

edit2: I wouldn't think sync3 would change this, but it's possible...

To the rest of y'all: sorry for being away for a long time. I'm assuming my spreadsheet is incredibly out of date now?

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Anyone know if you can change the collision assist light bar to be the rev limiter indicator? I just found this is how the GT350 works and I would LOVE to have that in my GT if it is just some ForScan changes.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Has anyone had problems connecting to forscan after loading a tune from lund. I am getting an error now that says unable to identify vehicle.
Sponsored