BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
has anyone figured out how to enable nav on cars with sync 2 that do not have nav?

thanks

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
has anyone figured out how to enable nav on cars with sync 2 that do not have nav?

thanks
Yes, I have. I found it on the F-150 forums and I just did it to a C-Max and a Focus ST using these instructions so I would be willing to bet it works on the Mustang and anything else with Sync2 as well. I have nav already or I would confirm. Look at this Google Sheets page under the "Add nav to 2015" tab at the bottom. UPDATE: It is confirmed to work on the 2015 Mustang.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...iVSlDFGFHnfeuhb3RTMVz95730/edit#gid=815852466

If someone figures out how to disable TPMS, I would love to know since my winters don't have them.

Last edited:

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
Yes, I have. I found it on the F-150 forums and I just did it to a C-Max and a Focus ST using these instructions so I would be willing to bet it works on the Mustang and anything else with Sync2 as well. I have nav already or I would confirm. Look at this Google Sheets page under the "Add nav to 2015" tab at the bottom.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...iVSlDFGFHnfeuhb3RTMVz95730/edit#gid=815852466

If someone figures out how to disable TPMS, I would love to know since my winters don't have them.
I saw that same thing myself. How do you add maps afterwarward to sync 2? Do you buy a map pack on ebay or something? Or.... are maps automatically enabled when you do the hack and you can just update them to the latest version?

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Thanks for your advice, I already figured it out.

so basically I installed Sync 3 with a premium bezel on my V6, and the hazard lights toggle was acting as the base button i.e. if the hazards were on then they wouldn't go off if you put the toggle down (you had to put it up twice to turn it off)

So just FYI the toggle is in the BCM block 29-02

Still digging to get MyColor to work on the base IPC!
Did this make the toggles work correctly?

Is mycolor working on base gt at all?
The hardware is different. You need a premium cluster. They are 100-200 on ebay. IDS at the dealer can reprogram the cluster for you for the correct mileage as well.

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP

thanks
Yes, I have. I found it on the F-150 forums and I just did it to a C-Max and a Focus ST using these instructions so I would be willing to bet it works on the Mustang and anything else with Sync2 as well. I have nav already or I would confirm. Look at this Google Sheets page under the "Add nav to 2015" tab at the bottom.

It works. I bought the SD card on ebay and license from the Russian and it works like a charm. It took some time to convince Sirius I had nav to get the weather service enabled, but it does work.

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
It works. I bought the SD card on ebay and license from the Russian and it works like a charm. It took some time to convince Sirius I had nav to get the weather service enabled, but it does work.
Just so everyone is aware, the method I posted does not require you to purchase anything but an SD card. There is a generic nav license you install and unlock with a special wallpaper which is in the instructions.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Just so everyone is aware, the method I posted does not require you to purchase anything but an SD card. There is a generic nav license you install and unlock with a special wallpaper which is in the instructions.
Well damn...

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Well damn...
Yeah, you are not the only one who bought a license. Until recently, that was the only way people knew how to do it. Your method may be future proof though since it uses your own VIN if they ever release an update to Sync2, but I think Sync2 is done being updated now that Sync3 is out.

Sponsored

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
In the google sheet it says "Purchase and load navigation maps from dealer or "obtain" from other sources" for the final step, does that mean to just buy the SD navigation card?

Like this one? http://www.oemautopartsco.com/produ...t=6082005185&gclid=CK2d1ojuqNACFQ0yaQodSWwLlg
Yes, you just need to buy a nav card. Anything from A4 though A7 will work. The lower the number, the older the maps and the cheaper they can be found on Amazon. I have even seen some people download the maps via torrent but that requires some extra configuration because it is not as simple as just plopping the maps on an SD card.

The card you linked would work, but they can be had for cheaper.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I picked a new one up on ebay for $55.

vogtaction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium ecoboost auto mustang

Ive been trying to help another member on the mustang6g forum update his sync 2 to version 3.8 so he can use the siri functions with iphone. He cant get the ford site to let him update , it says he has the latest update 3.7. He also called ford and they said there was a problem with 3.8 and will not update unless he goes to the dealer and pay. I seen you posted the F150 site link for the NAV install. Can you tell me if that 3.8 version download on that site will work for the 2015 mustang? I would think all the sync 2 my touch radios are the same for all platforms????

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Ive been trying to help another member on the mustang6g forum update his sync 2 to version 3.8 so he can use the siri functions with iphone. He cant get the ford site to let him update , it says he has the latest update 3.7. He also called ford and they said there was a problem with 3.8 and will not update unless he goes to the dealer and pay. I seen you posted the F150 site link for the NAV install. Can you tell me if that 3.8 version download on that site will work for the 2015 mustang? I would think all the sync 2 my touch radios are the same for all platforms????
Yes, I used these files on my '15 and it worked just fine. I also used them on a C-Max and a Focus ST so the systems are the same across the board.

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
yep, thanks man. I did the wallpaper unlock and it looks like it worked. I can't fully test it as my map pack is still coming... hopefully this Friday but the navigation shows up in the top right corner

Thanks for your help guys
Sponsored