DanMc85

The Source
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium AWD 2.0L
I thought I was with you but you lost me. I think I will have to wait until my OBD2 scan tool comes in. I ordered one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELM327-USB-...:g:2v8AAOSwV0RXrux6&item=222250642720&vxp=mtr hoping it will work after trying forever to get my Kiwi3 to work and then more recently the USB connected OBD2 interface from Ford Performance. First thing after (or before) I will need to do is get the ENGLISH version of the drivers. He emailed the drivers to me after I purchased it and the file names look like Chinese.

Maybe after I get it and I can see what you're talking about I'll understand better. I thought you were saying that the value should be "it is probably currently an A or 2 (or whatever value). Subtract 2 from it... If it is an A make it a 8, if it is an 2 make it a 0, etc...". That made sense to me so A (=10) - 2 =8 or 2-2=0 to disable. So it made sense to me that if it were 0, I could add 2 and put a 2 there to enable it. Or if it's an 8, I could make it an A. I'm sure it will be easier when I can see it.
That second paragraph that you wrote is perfect... just if there is already a 2 there... don't make it a 4 thinking it is not enabled and you want to enable it again. As a 4 isn't that option/setting for the fake engine sound.
Sponsored

law242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
hey everyone, since this is like 1000 pages now, if i have to go to the dealer because I have a parasitic draw problem, and they do a base config on my sync system, will it lock my activated gps from ever being activated again? sorry i dont know the best way to look it up

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
What he means is: 1111 = 8+4+2+1, not that 1111 = 8421
I'm reaching back decades for this but is that binary coded hexidecimal? So it's always a 1 or 0 and a 1111 = F? If so I suddenly cought up.

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
hey everyone, since this is like 1000 pages now, if i have to go to the dealer because I have a parasitic draw problem, and they do a base config on my sync system, will it lock my activated gps from ever being activated again? sorry i dont know the best way to look it up
If they flash your APIM back to stock, you will need to do the unlock again. But it is easier the second time because you don't need to install the entire 3.8 upgrade, just flip the bit in the As-Built config and reapply the unlock patch. If they want to upgrade you to 3.9, because I heard that is coming out soon, you may not be able to get it back because the unlock/patch is only tested on 3.8 and uses 3.8 nav files.

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
If they flash your APIM back to stock, you will need to do the unlock again. But it is easier the second time because you don't need to install the entire 3.8 upgrade, just flip the bit in the As-Built config and reapply the unlock patch. If they want to upgrade you to 3.9, because I heard that is coming out soon, you may not be able to get it back because the unlock/patch is only tested on 3.8 and uses 3.8 nav files.
This is great news, any other info on that?

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
This is great news, any other info on that?
Hmm, seems there is already a 3.10 version available : https://www.tapatalk.com/topic/1927...te-microsoft-sync-2-myford-touch-version-3-10

Tried to find this update on SyncMyRide.com, but it still shows that the 3.8 is the newest available for me ...
No, I don't know anything about it, I just heard a few weeks ago they may be releasing an update soon. Regardless of the version number, I would be willing to bet it breaks the nav unlock so if you already have it unlocked and do not have any serious bugs the update will fix, I would leave it alone.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Yeah probably the main purpose is to fix the nav hack :D

Sponsored

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah probably the main purpose is to fix the nav hack :D
Well supposedly, the original reason 3.8 was pulled off the shelf was because there were a few people having trouble installing the update, so it was my understanding this update would basically be a fixed version of 3.8. But that is all I have heard.

law242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
thank you for the info, i will try to make sure i am informed before i go in

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Another question about your US 'Stangs, do you have the Auto lock feature ?
I mean, when you begin to drive, do the doors lock automaticaly ?

If yes, do someone know where in Forscan I can activate this feature and see if it actually will work on our EU cars ?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Another question about your US 'Stangs, do you have the Auto lock feature ?
I mean, when you begin to drive, do the doors lock automaticaly ?

If yes, do someone know where in Forscan I can activate this feature and see if it actually will work on our EU cars ?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:
Yes, even on manual cars the doors lock at about 15 mph.

About all you can do is compare as-built data for US and EU cars to see which bits correspond with each build. It's possible that feature is part of a module (different hardware) and cannot be enabled.

DanMc85

The Source
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium AWD 2.0L
Hmm, seems there is already a 3.10 version available : https://www.tapatalk.com/topic/1927...te-microsoft-sync-2-myford-touch-version-3-10

Tried to find this update on SyncMyRide.com, but it still shows that the 3.8 is the newest available for me ...
It is still dealer only at the moment to have flashed.

http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=5658

The new software update for SYNC with MyFord Touch systems includes all the improvements from previous updates, plus additional changes to accommodate new and updated customer devices, such such as:
Hazard switch illuminates on Focus / Escape with ignition off and park lamps on
Next Track / Previous Track controls from SYNC touchscreen
SYNC Maintaining Repeat / Shuffle settings that were set on the device side
Compatibility updates for the latest phone and media devices

Another note from a user:

It also has one minor fix that's not in the change log, the NAV lag with the A7 map card is gone.
Our fleet shop was told that the size of the map data was right at the max supported map database in 3.8.
Sync 2 is a Ford supported fork of Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional (hence the reason your USB drives have to be formatted FAT32)
My guess here is that they finally brought the level up to 6.55 and that Microsoft has finally released all of the backward compatible Windows Mobile 7 modules (yes Microsoft will provide extended support for a price) now that Windows Phone is pretty much defunct.
Sponsored