Modification list and advice

rapidredroush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Roush Rapid Red Mustang GT
I am looking to add some mods and need some thoughts.

So first on the list is more power.. :cool:Right now the plan is a Roush supercharger with the upgrade kit along with the cooling kit. I am looking to have it installed at an authorized roush dealer for the warranty. Would you guys suggest another option?

Second is suspension, thinking about coilovers and lowering it. Not sure if I want to stay with the tuned mangaride or add the coilovers? If I add the coilovers would I have to change from the wheel and tire setup, currently have which is 20x9.5 with 275/35 all the way around.

Third is a wing, With not wanting to have a big wing and just want a nice small profile, i am leaning towards the Roush wing, any thoughts on something else or good choice?

Fourth is light bar or the Clinched flare Spider top? The Spider top is for sure the first opinion but wanted others thoughts.

Fifth, and lastly is to get small paint issues fixed and then either having ceramic coat or full PPF. My car doesn't get driven that often so leaning more towards PPF but wanted to get others thoughts or have had it done and opinions. Thanks so much for your thoughts.

FB_IMG_1624460851767.jpg
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
If I were to do it all over again I would do any paint correction then PPF before starting the mods.

I jumped straight into modding and although my car is not a streetcar anymore it would be nice
to have a class A bumper again. After that I would do suspension and GOOD tires. Once the vehicle has the suspension set up you want, take it to a performance driving school and re-learn
the car's dynamics. You'll have a blast pushing it and yourself with its upgraded capabilities.

From there do the cosmetic stuff or power adder (or both).

I would probably re-do the performance class thing again after the power adder.

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
If I were to do it all over again I would do any paint correction then PPF before starting the mods.

I jumped straight into modding and although my car is not a streetcar anymore it would be nice
to have a class A bumper again. After that I would do suspension and GOOD tires. Once the vehicle has the suspension set up you want, take it to a performance driving school and re-learn
the car's dynamics. You'll have a blast pushing it and yourself with its upgraded capabilities.

From there do the cosmetic stuff or power adder (or both).

I would probably re-do the performance class thing again after the power adder.

Agree- I would do

PPF first
Suspension mods 2nd
Add power 3rd

Adding power without suspension is fun if you just want to do burn outs- but power without traction is frustrating if you want to go fast

OP
OP
rapidredroush

rapidredroush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Agree- I would do

PPF first
Suspension mods 2nd
Add power 3rd

Adding power without suspension is fun if you just want to do burn outs- but power without traction is frustrating if you want to go fast
What if I am able to do it all at once? Would you suggest adding the coilovers to the mangaride? Should I look at a different wheel and tire setup?

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
Whipple over Roush charger.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Whipple if manual, Procharger P1X if an A10 over Roush. Roush would be one of my last choices.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
OP
OP
rapidredroush

rapidredroush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Whipple if manual, Procharger P1X if an A10 over Roush. Roush would be one of my last choices.
The one reason for leaning Roush is the warranty, no warranty that I am aware with Procharger right? It is an A10. I would rather have the Procharger but with a little over 3k on the odometer the warranty is kind of important. 😉

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
The one reason for leaning Roush is the warranty, no warranty that I am aware with Procharger right? It is an A10. I would rather have the Procharger but with a little over 3k on the odometer the warranty is kind of important. 😉
Mine has 3100 miles, and is 850RWHP. If it breaks that's on me. I'm pushing it a bit, but have desire to have Ford work on it anyway.if it blows up, it will be built, not staying stock. Roush can give a warranty because they are not giving you much power.

OP
OP
rapidredroush

rapidredroush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mine has 3100 miles, and is 850RWHP. If it breaks that's on me. I'm pushing it a bit, but have desire to have Ford work on it anyway.if it blows up, it will be built, not staying stock. Roush can give a warranty because they are not giving you much power.
Yeah that power level is one of the reasons I would love to go procharger but damn it might be worth it to stay at the 650-700 level with the roush and that way if I thrash and break it they have to fix it. 🙂

Sponsored
OP
OP
rapidredroush

rapidredroush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for everyone's thoughts, Install is starting this week. The True Roush guys are going to be mad but went Whipple Stage 2 (sneak peek) with 3.5 pulley, Fore Dual pump setup with ID1050x injectors, Boundary Oil Pump Gears and Crank Sprocket, 1 7/8" Catted Long tubes, BMR Vertical Links and Cradle Lock outs, Lund tune. I cant wait, it should be out of the shop next week.

266301860_1098981950863765_1134816980947976666_n.jpg

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I definitely would not be mad about you going with that setup. Beautiful and you will absolutely love it. You must have hit up Beefcake for those Stage 2's, they have in stock.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts, Install is starting this week. The True Roush guys are going to be mad but went Whipple Stage 2 (sneak peek) with 3.5 pulley, Fore Dual pump setup with ID1050x injectors, Boundary Oil Pump Gears and Crank Sprocket, 1 7/8" Catted Long tubes, BMR Vertical Links and Cradle Lock outs, Lund tune. I cant wait, it should be out of the shop next week.

266301860_1098981950863765_1134816980947976666_n.jpg

OP
OP
rapidredroush

rapidredroush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I definitely would not be mad about you going with that setup. Beautiful and you will absolutely love it. You must have hit up Beefcake for those Stage 2's, they have in stock.
Thanks so much, I cant wait to see what it puts down, going with a 93 and E85 tune so we will see how close we get to that 8 number. LOL yep Whipple came from Beefcake, they took care of me for sure.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
If I was doing it again.....that is exactly what I would do.

Thanks so much, I cant wait to see what it puts down, going with a 93 and E85 tune so we will see how close we get to that 8 number. LOL yep Whipple came from Beefcake, they took care of me for sure.
Sponsored