Mobility kit vs. Spare tire

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Not a Bullitt owner but I have a 2020 explorer spare and jack kit. Won't fit over the front brakes, but it's the correct 27 inch diameter for rear use and I got it pretty cheap. Also threw in a breaker bar and 21mm socket with my kit.
Sponsored

RSPEK 178

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
MY20 Mustang R Spec
Don't let your wife read this....You actually expect her to change the tire by herself in the middle of the night.

I am seriously considering getting the spare tire kit, so I'm not stranded in the middle of nowhere. I think the mobility kit is fine around town, but out on the highway miles from the nearest repair facility.

You do also have road side assistance...…..
I bought one as well. It cost ~ $775 AUD. Don’t want to leave pride and joy on side of road either!

Sponsored

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
this looks pretty cool; would fit inside the stowed spare no problem. a bit spendy for me, but maybe it is right for some of you guys.

https://www.campingworld.com/hyperion-12v-portable-hydraulic-floor-jack-122289.html?cgid=auto-stabilization-performance#q=jack&start=170&sz=48&cgid=auto-stabilization-performance/jacks-leveling-chocks/tongue-jacks

aw fck it, i’ll just order the thing...
That's a pretty cool gadget; smaller than my electric scissor jack (but about twice as expensive).

SideShowB0b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K4342
Vehicle Showcase
this looks pretty cool; would fit inside the stowed spare no problem. a bit spendy for me, but maybe it is right for some of you guys.

https://www.campingworld.com/hyperion-12v-portable-hydraulic-floor-jack-122289.html?cgid=auto-stabilization-performance#q=jack&start=170&sz=48&cgid=auto-stabilization-performance/jacks-leveling-chocks/tongue-jacks

aw fck it, i’ll just order the thing...
Hold on folks - the jacking rails on my Bullitt are just under 6” off the deck with the tires fully inflated; not sure this thing will fit under the car, especially with a flat.

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
My car isnt even built yet and i already bought the automotive authority spare and a jack off the jungle website. If you use the included kit your valve stem and wheel sensors are trash i was told along with the tire.

Hammerdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 Screw 4x4
Shame on you Ford for not giving us a spare.

When I get my stang soon, I'll get the AA spare, no Jack and I'll toss my cordless impact in the trunk with a scissor jack.

Scissor jacks are a PITA unless you find one that has a lug on it and have a cordless impact. Then, they are badass, simply toss them under car and hit the lug with the impact... instant up... 😁
Sponsored