MMR rear differential cooler

Shadowblack19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Hello all, long time reader first time poster, I searched the forum a bit and didn’t really see any threads on the differential cooler. It’s from MMR but didn’t come with any guides in the best way to install it, it’s a 12v fan and a tilton pump with temperature sensor/engage. For those who have done this mod, how did you wire it up? Am I able to use a power source in the rear? Thanks for any advise/insight.
Sponsored

Bossdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I am in the process of installing the Kenny Brown diff cooler kit. My instructions are to run the power to the engine bay either direct to the battery or if you want switched power, fuse #37 is switched and unused in the fuse box under the hood. I don’t believe there is any power in The rear. You’ll have to remove some interior trim down the passenger side to run the wire back to front.

my question to others who have done this mod is where is the best place to ground the pump and fan? Do you just grind paint and drill a hole or did you find a convenient existing bolt to ground to?

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I looked into the engine bay power source solution and concluded it was a much bigger hassle than the interior fuse box. I used #37 and the ground post above the box with ring terminal.

I then ran two wire to the pump and T-switch. My Marco pump draws less than 1 amp and so I did not use a 5wire relay.

Again this is written up with photos in my post in the DIY section.

OP
OP

Shadowblack19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Thanks guys appreciate it, I’m doing it on Saturday or Sunday, I’ll takes some pics and let you know how it goes
Sponsored