Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Any updates from those that installed?
The throttle response is a lot better and i compared lb/min flow rates with even on stock tune, afe high flow air filter. This hose definitely allowed more air to come in especially on top. My datalog on third gear wot pull from 2000 rpm to 6500 rpm showed around 0.5 seconds reduction in time with this hose, afe filter, lund flex tune on 93 octane vs stock. For people who worry about IAT's this is a great solution
Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Ordered in black.

Thanks [MENTION=9961]Mishimoto[/MENTION]

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
The throttle response is a lot better and i compared lb/min flow rates with even on stock tune, afe high flow air filter. This hose definitely allowed more air to come in especially on top. My datalog on third gear wot pull from 2000 rpm to 6500 rpm showed around 0.5 seconds reduction in time with this hose, afe filter, lund flex tune on 93 octane vs stock. For people who worry about IAT's this is a great solution
This is an awesome review. Thank you for sharing your experience and results. I'm glad that it's working out for you so well. Way to spread the word! :headbang:

Ordered in black.

Thanks [MENTION=9961]Mishimoto[/MENTION]
Very much appreciated!

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I forgot to add my .02 cents worth....

Butt dyno feels it at the top end. Really feels it. It's like the 4000-7000 RPM jump kicks in much faster.

Almost like the "Yo! V-Tec just kicked in" meme.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Got this installed in like 5 minutes. I am going to give this hose a whirl while sticking with the stock airbox.

I just had to get this, as I have never seen a silicone intake hose like this. lol. Seems legit. Good work Mishimoto.

attachment.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Got this installed in like 5 minutes. I am going to give this hose a whirl while sticking with the stock airbox.

I just had to get this, as I have never seen a silicone intake hose like this. lol. Seems legit. Good work Mishimoto.

attachment.jpg
Thanks for sharing! We'd love to hear what you think when you give it that whirl!

shelbydave

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt350
Crap how did I miss this

Liber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 1971 XY GT
Aussie customer here. I originally ordered during the pre-sale period, and was notified it would be quite a wait for Australian customers before the product would be stocked in the Aus warehouse.

Alas to my surprise two weeks ago, a nice little box was sitting at the post office for me from [MENTION=9961]Mishimoto[/MENTION], much earlier than originally anticipated. Product is nice, installation was a breeze (however I managed to break one of the plastic clips for one of the breather hoses). I've only driven it once with this new pipe on, and butt dyno is confirming what everyone else is saying - increased throttle response and pulls a little harder as the revs start building. An open CAI wasn't an option for me due to IAT's and water intake on the filter. I'd love to pick up a high flow air filter for this and see if it makes even more of a difference.

Highly recommended product, especially for those wanting to keep the stock box setup. The black also hides reasonably well in the engine bay as well.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Crap how did I miss this
It's in stock and ready to ship on our site!

Aussie customer here. I originally ordered during the pre-sale period, and was notified it would be quite a wait for Australian customers before the product would be stocked in the Aus warehouse.

Alas to my surprise two weeks ago, a nice little box was sitting at the post office for me from [MENTION=9961]Mishimoto[/MENTION], much earlier than originally anticipated. Product is nice, installation was a breeze (however I managed to break one of the plastic clips for one of the breather hoses). I've only driven it once with this new pipe on, and butt dyno is confirming what everyone else is saying - increased throttle response and pulls a little harder as the revs start building. An open CAI wasn't an option for me due to IAT's and water intake on the filter. I'd love to pick up a high flow air filter for this and see if it makes even more of a difference.

Highly recommended product, especially for those wanting to keep the stock box setup. The black also hides reasonably well in the engine bay as well.
Thanks for the mention, and that's great to hear! I'm glad you were able to get it a bit earlier than expected and are currently enjoying it. We are seeing that a lot of people are planning to pair this with a high-flow performance filter, so there is a great potential for even more performance there. It's also good to hear that there is an appreciation for an option that doesn't modify the entire induction system, yet still provides a bit of improved performance. It's seems to be the perfect middle ground!

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
anyone have a roush and this? any comparisons between the 2? was thinking about picking up the roush but wondering the pros and cons between the 2.

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
After beating on the car quite a bit post install, there is definitely an increase in mid range power. No question about it.

I didn't buy this piece to set the world on fire, I just like to tweak things. Even if I got 1rwhp from this, that is fine. I am all about maximizing a specific combo, and I feel my modded airbox, with K&N, this tube and the ported stock intake manifold opening is about as good as it can get.

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
After beating on the car quite a bit post install, there is definitely an increase in mid range power. No question about it.

I didn't buy this piece to set the world on fire, I just like to tweak things. Even if I got 1rwhp from this, that is fine. I am all about maximizing a specific combo, and I feel my modded airbox, with K&N, this tube and the ported stock intake manifold opening is about as good as it can get.
Kelly, tell us more about the modded air box and ported intake manifold opening. :gossip:

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT

Great to hear, I'm glad you've been enjoying the product so much! :cheers:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

attachment.jpg
Where's your strut tower brace? :gossip::confused:;)

SoFloEco

5 Liters of Love!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime HPP Ecoboost Mustang
Status
Not open for further replies.