Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I read in another thread that before installing this induction tube, I should disconnect negative battery terminal and MAF sensor to reset. However I didn’t see this step in Mishimoto’s installation video. Can someone please confirm this is necessary?
Not necessary, but it wouldn’t do any harm. The car will run slightly more lean with the Mishi tube, but not dangerous. Still some gains to be had with a Dyno tune.
Sponsored

udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Not necessary, but it wouldn’t do any harm. The car will run slightly more lean with the Mishi tube, but not dangerous. Still some gains to be had with a Dyno tune.
I see. Will be holding off tuning for a while (45k miles to go lol). If I put the car in learning mode when installing the Mishi tube though it won’t run lean? If that’s the case I will do it.

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I see. Will be holding off tuning for a while (45k miles to go lol). If I put the car in learning mode when installing the Mishi tube though it won’t run lean? If that’s the case I will do it.
It won't make a difference, the tune is in non-volatile memory, the car will adjust fueling only within the parameters of the fuel and timing tables, it won't rewrite new tables to accommodate a new part, which is why people get tunes.

Just throw it on and enjoy, definitely works.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.