Sponsored

Misaligned body panels, who has them?

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
When I inspected my vehicle on the dealer lot, brand new, every panel lined up perfectly. 6,000 miles later, it's not aligned in the side back rear panels. It's not very noticeable unless you look up close. Still, it irks me every time I wash my vehicle. I'm hoping it does not get worse over time. I've read other Mustang's having the same issue but with the panels up front which is in a much more noticeable location.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Everyone. If you've ever taken off one of these bumpers, you'll realize why. The contact/clip points are disastrously weak.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
I'm not gonna look cause I might get scared. :)

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is a bit off just as yours.
Keep saying " mass produced Ford product"

BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base
mine was messed when i took delivery, even my doors we misaligned .... but dealership fixed the doors

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Find the thread on here where there is tech on how to remove the rear bumper cover. You will see how the rear cover is not only attached to the body, but also get an idea on how to realign or make the bumper to body gaps smaller.

Have you tried to push the bumper cover inward to the body, close to where the gap is? Some have had success by doing so, because you will hear a distinct "click" which is the bumper cover snapping back into the mounting points found on the inside of the cover and to where it connects to the body.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Ford Quality at its finest. Mine was ok at delivery and getting worse. Got the gap on the driver side and rubbing on the passenger side (rear bumper). I may attempt to get it fixed via warranty in the Spring. Only 1100 miles on MY16 and its stored away for winter.

M3Convert

American Muscle Noob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
trunk lid and passenger doors enough to rub paint off and have to be fixed.

The others just add charm and individuality! :)

As an older buddy said "The whole point is that they are misaligned. A muscle car is a cheap car with poorly built body and cockpit and a big f**king engine in it. A truly restored classic muscle car should have varying gaps in the panels!" LOL!
Sponsored