Rear bumper misaligned with quarter panels

5ohRick19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I noticed that the bumper on my new 2019 GT premium had a larger gap against the quarter panel on one side than the other. I also noticed the opposite side had a very tight gap and the bumper bulged out a bit on that side. I'm taking the car to Ford's local collision shop tomorrow where they claim a new bracket will fix the issue. They claimed they had this bracket problem on the GT350's but are now seeing it on GT Premiums.
IMG_1151.jpg
IMG_1152.jpg
IMG_1153.jpg
IMG_1154.jpg
IMG_1155.jpg
Sponsored

NYDP77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Mustang Stage 3
Vehicle Showcase
I've got the same issue as well. Just wondering, is yours supercharged or turbo? My only thought is the power and tq being put on the rear end is causing this issue.

OP
OP
5ohRick19

5ohRick19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Mine is a stock GT premium. It came from the factory this way. Only had it a month and discovered this misalignment 3 weeks ago. Ford says they think it could be a bad batch of rear bumper brackets, which is what they found on GT350’s that had they same problem. So they are replacing that right now. If that doesn’t correct it then they’ll have to put a new rear bumper on. I should know something later today. I’ll post the results when I know.

NIXPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
18' PP2 Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
Give a nice open palmed slap to the panel where it is sticking out, it will seat.

OP
OP
5ohRick19

5ohRick19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Give a nice open palmed slap to the panel where it is sticking out, it will seat.
Thanks. I got the car back from the Ford collision center. The panels fit a lot better with the new bracket. But the collision guy did say the same thing you just said. I guess from time to time the panels can pop out after a bump or something. And he said the panel will reseat if I hit it as you said.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Yea, sometimes you gotta smack dat ass....

(couldn’t resist):crackup: