Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
So uh, where the hell is the plug for rear view mirror when you have the smart and safe package? I picked up a 2021 GT two days ago and was getting ready to tap the rear view mirror for my radar, upon my surprise the mirror doesn’t have a plug on the back of it. I was also going to put on a bracket that would attach to the neck of the mirror, but what also seems like a no go based on space and the new mirror type.
Sponsored

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
People still use radar detectors?

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is the purpose of the radar detector?

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
So uh, where the hell is the plug for rear view mirror when you have the smart and safe package? I picked up a 2021 GT two days ago and was getting ready to tap the rear view mirror for my radar, upon my surprise the mirror doesn’t have a plug on the back of it. I was also going to put on a bracket that would attach to the neck of the mirror, but what also seems like a no go based on space and the new mirror type.
What that video. Looks pretty easy. I have the Blendmount for my V1. It's supposed to work. I'll be mirror tapping in 10 days to my car.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
lol agreed. Rather do speed limit vs trust this. Lidar, when detector Goes off, already caught

just isn’t worth risk to speedroutinely which people w radar detectors tend to be those

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
lol agreed. Rather do speed limit vs trust this. Lidar, when detector Goes off, already caught

just isn’t worth risk to speedroutinely which people w radar detectors tend to be those
Exactly why I have Lazer Shifters.
Nobody getting meeee!

Sponsored

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I always thought the same thing that if it goes off your already caught. Seems its easier to just not speed so much then buy a bunch of BS and try wiring it up in your car? How much time are you actually saving? I see guys blow past on the interstate only for me to get behind them a few miles up the rode when there stuck behind a semi or other slower traffic.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Here is mine. You have to remove the plastic cover to access the wires...pops right off.

radar detector.jpg

OP
OP
Drugdealr

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Here is mine. You have to remove the plastic cover to access the wires...pops right off.

radar detector.jpg
What mount is that? I need one, I don’t trust the suction cups 😅

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I believe he is using the Blendmount
Edit: on closer inspection I think it's something else.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
It's called the radar mount (can buy on Amazon or direct). It's not as fancy as the blendmount in my other car, but only cost a quarter of the price and does the job.
Sponsored