Mirror Tap 2021

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Does anyone know how to mirrortap a Radar Detector into a 2021?
Thanks.
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The 2 leftmost wires on the mirror connector, as you're sitting on the car. So if you remove the connector and turn it around to poke behind it, it'd be the 2 rightmost wires (one above the other). Forgot the colors, but it's the opposite of what makes sense. If nobody identifies them, use a multi-meter to make sure you have the polarity correct. I initially used the 2 wires below the connector, and it worked... but it cuts out in reverse, so use the 2 leftmost ones. Oh, and use the larger taps. Yes, they'll be harder to install, but once in there, they're solid. If you use the little ones, they'd be making false contacts all the time, and eventually coming off. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
The tutorials I've seen show the 1st and 4th wires on the bottom. But I don't think it was the 2021.
You wouldn't happen to have a photo?
Thanks!

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
The 2 leftmost wires on the mirror connector, as you're sitting on the car. So if you remove the connector and turn it around to poke behind it, it'd be the 2 rightmost wires (one above the other). Forgot the colors, but it's the opposite of what makes sense. If nobody identifies them, use a multi-meter to make sure you have the polarity correct. I initially used the 2 wires below the connector, and it worked... but it cuts out in reverse, so use the 2 leftmost ones. Oh, and use the larger taps. Yes, they'll be harder to install, but once in there, they're solid. If you use the little ones, they'd be making false contacts all the time, and eventually coming off. Hope this helps.
Hey dude, would you be so kind as to take a photo of the mirror mount. It would be much appreciated. 😁

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I can't, without undoing my installation, and it was a PITA to level the detector, then zip-tie the excess cable, which is blocking the connector (plus I wrapped the wires in black electrical tape). Sorry, but it's super easy; there're only FOUR wires, and only 2 ways it works. Just make sure you didn't tap on the reverse wire, like I did (affecting both my reverse LED, and the detector, until I realized what the freaking problem was). Very easy to check: Put tranny in R, and detector should work. By the way, myself and others put exactly which wires on at least one thread on the subject; you might want to search, if you don't want to check wires with a multi-meter.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I appreciate your help. Is it possible to get a photo of the exterior housing and mirror? I need a photo of that to determine the proper Blendmount. Again, thanks for your advise.

Last edited:

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Can both a radar detector and dash cam be wired into the rear mirror or would that be too much draw?

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Can both a radar detector and dash cam be wired into the rear mirror or would that be too much draw?
Too much I do believe. Wire the cam into the fuse box.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Sorry, I do not. My sound guy did all my installs.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
You will need to use two fuses; one that supplies a constant 12v and one that has interrupted 12v if you are installing a dash cam that will record when parked. Fuse 23 works great for the interrupted 12v.

Do you happen to know which fuse would be a good one to use for going to the fuse box?
Sponsored