mirror mount dash cam kit

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
Has anyone used a mirror mount kit on the Mustang? I am needing one that looks good and is secure
Sponsored

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
FitcamX is what I went with. Integral to the rain sensor trim and replaces the stock plastic cover.

Screenshot_20230610_232832_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20230610_232823_Google.jpg

Sponsored

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
Fitcam has a jumper to use the rain sensor power. It just sucks to download videos unless on a pc.

OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
Thanks all. This info will be useful when I get my new dash cam

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
Has anyone used a mirror mount kit on the Mustang? I am needing one that looks good and is secure
If I had decided on a BlackVue camera, I'd go BlendMount all the way. It's a cool slick design.

I'm actually putting a camera in this weekend and for my application, I got a motorcycle camera mount and made an adapter for the camera I'm using (Viofo A139Pro). The Viofo has a sticky-pad mount and I did not want to stick it to my window tint.

I still prefer it, but there is a downside to the mirror mount:
Our rearview mirror stems are jointed at the mirror AND at the windshield. So, the camera position could move when adjusting the mirror. It wouldn't be an issue if I was the only driver, but my wife occasionally likes to go ass around in the Mustang. She's ridiculously short so she has to adjust all three mirrors to some absurd position.

IMG_1851.jpeg
IMG_1847.jpeg

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
If I had decided on a BlackVue camera, I'd go BlendMount all the way. It's a cool slick design.

I'm actually putting a camera in this weekend and for my application, I got a motorcycle camera mount and made an adapter for the camera I'm using (Viofo A139Pro). The Viofo has a sticky-pad mount and I did not want to stick it to my window tint.

I still prefer it, but there is a downside to the mirror mount:
Our rearview mirror stems are jointed at the mirror AND at the windshield. So, the camera position could move when adjusting the mirror. It wouldn't be an issue if I was the only driver, but my wife occasionally likes to go ass around in the Mustang. She's ridiculously short so she has to adjust all three mirrors to some absurd position.

IMG_1851.jpeg
IMG_1847.jpeg
very clever and looks good

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
very clever and looks good
Thanks, but it actually doesn't work for me. After living with it a week or so, it's just too easy to move. It's not the mount. It's the stem itself.

The camera I bought came with a couple of "static" sheets. There's no adhesive on them. It's basically like a screen protector for a phone, but you adhere it to the window glass. I tried it on the rear camera and it's very secure. I could peel it off easily, but with the camera stuck to it, you can't pull or press the camera off. I'm trying it on the front camera and it's really solid.
Sponsored