Sponsored

Military Auto Source Order COTUS Tracking?

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I realize I wasn’t too clear about a couple things. The port delivery date from MAS is 12 November, but the port delivery date from ford is 15 September.

The car does have all season tires, so I should be fine unless it’s actually snowing. My salesman didn’t tell me about a rental car option through them so that is something I need to ask about. Thanks for all the info.

I think I'm getting you, and it makes sense Ford is showing about a month earlier than MAS as it is likely the date it is expected to hit the port in the US. A bit less than a month is the average time it takes a car to come over from the US to Bremerhaven.
You do need to be aware of the new law on all season tires, make sure to check the date of manufacture
https://www.stuttgartcitizen.com/announcements-news/winter-tire-rules-change-2018/

Basically, all season tires with an M+S manufactured before 1 Jan 2018 are allowed until 2024 during winter conditions, Tires made after the first of the year must have the winter mountain/snowflake symbol if winter conditions (below freezing or any snow on the ground but also an Officer can decide that black ice is a danger even if temps are higher than freezing and no snow on the ground.)

hopefully yours were made prior to the beginning of the year and you will be good till you wear them out.
I am ordering my last set of all seasons now. but after that there's not really going to be a point to buying all seasons here anymore. I already have rims with winter tires on and will put good summer rubber on my good rims.
Sponsored

Doobie083

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
None
How's the tracking going? I'm currently waiting for it to be trucked down from Bremerhaven.

OP
OP
mejohn50

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
How's the tracking going? I'm currently waiting for it to be trucked down from Bremerhaven.
COTUS and the MAS website both show in transit to US shipping port. The MAS site seems to be a day or two behind COTUS. Still not sure if I’ll wait for it to be shipped from Bremerhaven or if I’ll go up there and get it. I suppose I’ll have to decide soon though.

OP
OP
mejohn50

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
The car is at the shipping port in the US as of 10 September. Expecting a sail date and vessel information this week. My understanding is three weeks at sea. @Doobie083 how long did it take for your car to clear customs when it got to Germany? Just trying to put a timeline together so I can put in some reasonably accurate leave. I am heavily considering picking it up in Bremerhaven.

Doobie083

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Customs took almost 2 weeks for them to get to it. I've been waiting for about a week now post customs to get them to truck it down. Hopefully this week. Funny is the actual ocean crossing took 11 days.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mejohn50

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Customs took almost 2 weeks for them to get to it. I've been waiting for about a week now post customs to get them to truck it down. Hopefully this week. Funny is the actual ocean crossing took 11 days.
Thanks for replying. That’s crazy that it took nearly two weeks for customs. But if the crossing is only a week and a half, then it’s not a huge deal. I’d really like to be able to get the car in Bremerhaven by mid-October since I should have some free time around then. Guess we will see.

OP
OP
mejohn50

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Car is on a ship and has sailed as of 18 September. I told MAS that the only date I have available to go to Bremerhaven to get the car is 16 October. My salesman told me that 16 October will most likely work. Fingers crossed that it all lines up and I can go get it. Otherwise I’m expecting around 1 November for delivery if it has to be trucked down here.

OP
OP
mejohn50

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Ship made it to the port Saturday. I have a small window of time this week I could go get it if it were ready, but I think Tag der Deutschen Einheit won’t let that happen. Oh well. Getting closer. The 16th is still good though and it’s not that far away.

'Cuda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TA, Cuda, Vette
Yeah, since you asked- I agree with AGM's advice, you definately overpayed through MAS!

OP
OP
mejohn50

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Yeah, since you asked- I agree with AGM's advice, you definately overpayed through MAS!
I literally DIDN’T ask about cost, but you’re telling me I could have gotten a US spec 2019 Mustang GT custom ordered IN GERMANY cheaper than MAS ALREADY SOLD AND DELIVERED THE CAR to me? Please, explain since it will be so helpful now that I have had the car SINCE OCTOBER.

I love the financial coaching this thread generated. Everyone gets a better deal than the next person. I don’t really care. I paid what I considered a fair price for this car. Could I have gotten a better deal in the United States? YES! I know that. But I’m not there right now. I’m here enjoying the car now rather than some undetermined future date in the US.
Sponsored