Sponsored

Midrange Depth

Lightning Struck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue PP2
I'm looking to start replacing drivers in my 18 GT. I've already got a set of SI TM Mk2's, and was hoping to be able to fit a set of M3 midranges also. Their listed mounting depth is 1.88". Will this fit without a baffle? Is there enough room behind the door panel to fit a baffle if one is needed?

I'm also on the fence about tweeters. I know the M25 tweeter that Stereo Integrity sells, would be a nightmare to fit, so what else is out there that matches the quality of SI speakers?

Thanks!
Sponsored

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
I have been very satisfied with my Dynaudio and Morel front stage. Using SI for the subs. The Morels also didn’t have a problem fitting in factory locations, which I found nice.

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue PP2
Which mids and tweeters are you using? I'm guessing probably using BM's for subs?

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue PP2
Was there much fab work for the tweeters? I have a feeling that the SI M3's probably wouldn't fit without hitting the window. I had never really even considered a dome midrange until you posted about the Morel's

Sponsored

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
Drill out the plastic welds to remove the factory mount and mount the new one in its place. I unfortunately don’t have pics except the finished install as I wasn’t there for when the work was done.
image.jpg

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue PP2
Now I'm toying around with the idea of using some Audio Frog GB25's. I know they'll fit for sure

ean611

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eitan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
To help, have some pics.

These are Hybrid Audio Legatia L3v2 Drivers. You can find their mechanical drawings here: https://hybrid-audio.com/files/manuals/05_Legatia-Components-Manual.pdf

As you can see, there's a lot of space in the center console area. For the doors, you can disassemble the door 3 inch assembly, as it's held on by two screws and some rubber cement. After that, I de-soldered the original 3 inch driver, and re-used those wires so I didn't have to cut or modify any wires in the car. With these plastic mounts, I was able to use some self-tapping screws to carefully push through the soft plastic.

Result is that you can re-use what you have to enable an install.
20190614_201548.jpg
20190614_202337.jpg
20190615_115447.jpg
20190615_123755.jpg

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue PP2
Thank you for the pictures! Your post was extremely helpful! Looks like the dimensions on the HAT's are within a mm or 2 of the SI M3's.

ean611

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eitan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Thank you for the pictures! Your post was extremely helpful! Looks like the dimensions on the HAT's are within a mm or 2 of the SI M3's.
Glad that was helpful. I've done something insane honestly, as I just swapped those three midrange drivers, and then used the main info thread to buy components to build a RCA level intercept for the stock amp.

Basically, I'm running the 4 channel output from Sync 3 (shaker) to a DSR1, and the output of the DSR1 back into the stock amp.

With this, I'm able to retune, and balance things nicely. I'm still working on balancing the tweeter / midrange area, as it's a little bright given the HAT L3V2 has an insane frequency response.

Best part is I've not cut one single wire in my car yet :)
Sponsored