Sponsored

Michigan Members

StangMi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R - Magnetic with OTT stripes
There's a big Mustang gathering at M1 in Pontiac this Saturday at 12:30. About 8 local (MI and OH) Mustang clubs have invited their members. However I think it's open to anyone. They're asking for a $10 donation which i believe goes to charity...
Sponsored

JJAMARA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT triple yellow
Just moved to Saint Clair shores, MI. Where are the good old spot to cruise and any place to race? Track or 1/4 mile. I love a road cross if in the area.

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A

PatInMich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang V6
New member here. I'm in Taylor. Currently own a '14 V6 but seriously looking into one of those Roush 670/727HP cars that Lebanon Ford in Ohio is selling. I also work at Flat Rock Assembly, hoping to retire in the next year or so.

Mopar guy all my life (still drag a '67 Dart) but I finally decided to go with a Mustang a few years back for a daily driver. Love it.

Old-school car guy, not really up on all the mods on the newer cars but been doing a lot of reading and research lately trying to learn. Probably going to be picking the brains of a bunch of you about suspension mods as I figure out what I want to do should I pull the trigger on the Roush powered Stang.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Monroe Michigan here

Sponsored

PatInMich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang V6
Monroe Michigan here
I saw in a thread where you mentioned that you drag raced an 8 second car for awhile. Where at? I ran at Milan from '97-'08, and usually hit Norwalk a few times a year. Detroit Dragway from '93-'98.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I saw in a thread where you mentioned that you drag raced an 8 second car for awhile. Where at? I ran at Milan from '97-'08, and usually hit Norwalk a few times a year. Detroit Dragway from '93-'98.
Mainly Norwalk in the early 90s and a few runs in Milan. I been to Detroit drag way in the early 90s but that place sucked lol. I thought it was sold and the property was built on?

PatInMich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang V6
I stand corrected, Detroit Dragway till '97, that was the last year they were open. Yep, can't even tell it was there now. So, you've been out of it for awhile, I've been slowing down the last few years, just not as fun as it used to be. Plus, as i get older (52 now), I'm less tolerant with racing in the hotter (85+) weather....jacket, fire pants, etc. I might give it one more year and see if the desire comes back, but I don't see it happening.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I stand corrected, Detroit Dragway till '97, that was the last year they were open. Yep, can't even tell it was there now. So, you've been out of it for awhile, I've been slowing down the last few years, just not as fun as it used to be. Plus, as i get older (52 now), I'm less tolerant with racing in the hotter (85+) weather....jacket, fire pants, etc. I might give it one more year and see if the desire comes back, but I don't see it happening.
After doing it for so many years I agree the pit life gets boring. Not to mention the sun burns. This past summer I took my 2016 F150 regular cab, short bed 2.7L to Milan and made a few passes (13.73). I was pretty impressed by that with such a small engine. But at times I do miss the drag racing. If I were to do it again, I'd buy a cobra jet. But now I have a 2016 GT350 and want to track race.

Sponsored

PatInMich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang V6
It seems to me the majority of people on here are into that track / autrocross racing. I have no interest in that at all, I just want to make mine go straight should I buy it. Trying to figure out the best IRS suspension mods for somebody that just wants straight line power... don't care about handling or body roll or cornering...just want no wheel hop and good traction whether out of the hole or rolling and still be smooth on the highway...if possible.

Last edited:

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I'll be in Rockwood over the holidays visiting my in-laws and was wondering if there is anything car related going on in SE MI at that time. I would love to tour the Flatrock plant (since it is the next town over) or just go to some interesting places to eat lunch with my wife. Even something that is a day trip would be fine and we will be going to the M Store in Ann Arbor. We will be there from the 23rd to the 1st so I need to fill a calendar with more than football.

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
It seems to me the majority of people on here are into that track / autrollingracing. I have no interest in that at all, I just want to make mine go straight should I buy it. Trying to figure out the best IRS suspension mods for somebody that just wants straight line power... don't care about handling or body roll or cornering...just want no wheel hop and good traction whether out of the hole or rolling and still be smooth on the highway...if possible.
Steeda's 'Stop the Hop' kit is what you are looking for.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow GT
AA/Ypsi - '15 GT Yellow Convertible, 50 year appearance pack, RTR Competition Exhaust

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I'll be in Rockwood over the holidays visiting my in-laws and was wondering if there is anything car related going on in SE MI at that time. I would love to tour the Flatrock plant (since it is the next town over) or just go to some interesting places to eat lunch with my wife. Even something that is a day trip would be fine and we will be going to the M Store in Ann Arbor. We will be there from the 23rd to the 1st so I need to fill a calendar with more than football.
You should go to the Henry ford museum. About 15 minutes from where you are.
Sponsored