MGW Reverse lockout

jz22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
juan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt PP1
Purchased the shifter a while ago and felt major improvement over the stock shifter. I recently pushed it and got locked out of second gear and so I tried to give the reverse lockout "fix" and followed the guide on mgw's youtube channel. This happens and not sure what I did wrong.

Sponsored

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
It looks like its traveling too far and going into reverse, you may need another turn on it.

If the reverse camera is coming on while un neutral there's another issue unrelated to the shifter

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
You've got that thing set way off if the camera is coming on when you push it over without pushing down on it. You have the pin way too far inside of the handle. You should only be getting into reverse when you push down. You should view the video a few more times and then redo it. But the lockout pin needs to stick out more to the left so you're blocked out of reverse and it goes up into 1st gear when you pull over. Short tolerances on the MGW so it doesn't take much to be off.
......||
L<|| ||||>R

It's hard to make a diagram but you need it to be more like L<||| |||>R

OP
OP
jz22

jz22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
juan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt PP1
You've got that thing set way off if the camera is coming on when you push it over without pushing down on it. You have the pin way too far inside of the handle. You should only be getting into reverse when you push down. You should view the video a few more times and then redo it. But the lockout pin needs to stick out more to the left so you're blocked out of reverse and it goes up into 1st gear when you pull over. Short tolerances on the MGW so it doesn't take much to be off.
......||
L<|| ||||>R

It's hard to make a diagram but you need it to be more like L<||| |||>R
thank you!

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yup..pin is way too far to the right. It should hold the center of the 1-2 channel when you have it pressed against the body. Remember, you over set to lockout it then slowly back off until it gets into the 1-2 channel channel.
Sponsored