2015 mustang reverse lockout

BiteMe2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
So I have a problem on my 2015 Mustang GT PP with 70K miles, I can go into reverse with out lift up on the collar. I can still go into first just have to be careful, my question is anyone know where to buy this part that seems to be the problem.
ba416742-1f66-430e-856d-3cbf8c33eab7-original.jpg
Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
All stock in the shifter correct? I would probably suggest a Ford dealership or Fords parts supplier online.

OP
OP

BiteMe2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Yes it's all stock, thanks

OP
OP

BiteMe2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
f118958a-9a26-4637-9746-de854e1e3e56-original.jpg

Good afternoon, here is an update in case anyone in the future runs into this problem. Here is what was wrong in my situation, I noticed that going into reverse that I didn't have to lift up the lockout because I could just slide all the way left and up. After my first post I went looking for the white part that I thought was broken. The dealership doesn't sell just that white part alone as in you have to buy the whole shifter as one. While pulling into my parking spot at my apartment complex I noticed the shifter was really loose, I pulled off the shift cover and found the above picture. I remembered I had seen a youtube video for a shifter where they pull the stock shifter with a puller and to reinstall it back, one can just press(push) it back it. I noticed that inside the stock shifter there are two black plastic guides that were "loose" I glued them using Gorilla plastic glue and after letting it set for a few mins pushed the shifter all the way down and then put everything back together. I couldn't believe how firmer it feels almost like new again. My best bet is that over the years the shifter was slowly moving up till it passed the lockout metal tab when I noticed. Hope this helps someone

bvu1996

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Good afternoon, here is an update in case anyone in the future runs into this problem. Here is what was wrong in my situation, I noticed that going into reverse that I didn't have to lift up the lockout because I could just slide all the way left and up. After my first post I went looking for the white part that I thought was broken. The dealership doesn't sell just that white part alone as in you have to buy the whole shifter as one. While pulling into my parking spot at my apartment complex I noticed the shifter was really loose, I pulled off the shift cover and found the above picture. I remembered I had seen a youtube video for a shifter where they pull the stock shifter with a puller and to reinstall it back, one can just press(push) it back it. I noticed that inside the stock shifter there are two black plastic guides that were "loose" I glued them using Gorilla plastic glue and after letting it set for a few mins pushed the shifter all the way down and then put everything back together. I couldn't believe how firmer it feels almost like new again. My best bet is that over the years the shifter was slowly moving up till it passed the lockout metal tab when I noticed. Hope this helps someone

Hey I saw your post on the forum about your reverse lockout not working and sliding over to left without even lifting the reverse lock out. What did you take all apart to get to that piece? I opened up the shift cover and just got to where the white Column. Did you take that out?

Sponsored

OP
OP

BiteMe2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I used this video as a guide, 2:12 shows how to remove shifter, but you can do it without that tool :)

bvu1996

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I used this video as a guide, 2:12 shows how to remove shifter, but you can do it without that tool :)

How’d you do it without the tool? It looked like you didn’t really have to remove everything. Did you just pull it out? Instead of that tool drilling it out? Haha

Last edited:
OP
OP

BiteMe2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Yeah you can just pull it out, takes some elbow grease.

xdriven2005

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt

You have helped me more than you know..
Exact same thing happen to me like 5hours ago and because of your post it’s all fixed up.Thank You very much
Sponsored