Sponsored

MGW first look at 2015 shifter development and oem shifter breakdown...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVT_N8

@baggedcobra
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
Ordered mine yesterday. Will ship today. Pretty excited to get my hands on it.
Sponsored

Firepath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Nothing special yet
Hey guys,

I finally got the preview video shot and it is online... This is the final design version and shifters will start shipping next week...

I have authorized a 5 percent forum discount for you guys so at time of order just tell them you want to apply code... MUSTANG6G

if you already ordered dont worry we will be contacting everyone again just to finalize knob choices etc so you can apply the discount code then....

We will be shipping middle of next week and it may take a week or so to get everyone in the first run shipped.... We will constantly be in machining so from this point on lead times should just be a few weeks instead of months lol...

also i have uploaded the pdf order form that we will use when spec'ing the shifter so you guys can be prepared when they call...

its attached below...

George
Wow MGW - My concerns that I brought up a while ago (and you addressed) are no longer even a cause for concern! I like that you mentioned those concerns in the video and addressed them there too.

Incredible work of engineering and art!

Sponsored

danielc

photographer
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcarusophotography.com
First Name
daniel
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp recaro
It would appear to be the stock piece off the car that needs to be trimmed and reused...
Thanks, I did see the cut and that is on the factory boot collar. The insert that he adds at the end looks to be made by MGW to accommodate the shifter shaft diameter of the MGW shifter which is much smaller than the large reverse collar (much like the S197 diameter).

svoguy2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richie
Vehicle(s)
89 Fox Body 347 Stroker,2015 Mustang GT, PP
I got mine yesterday. Gonna try to get it installed this weekend if things work out and I get some free time.

danielc

photographer
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
daniel
Vehicle(s)
I got mine yesterday. Gonna try to get it installed this weekend if things work out and I get some free time.
Very cool Richie. Can you confirm if the boot insert from the above video is in your kit? I ordered last week, but have heard nothing and my credit hasn't been charged. Perhaps I am late in the orders.

Sponsored

svoguy2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richie
Vehicle(s)
89 Fox Body 347 Stroker,2015 Mustang GT, PP
Yes the insert is in the kit. This is my 3rd shifter from them and they are the best on the market hands down! They will not charge your card until they ship your shifter.

danielc

photographer
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
daniel
Vehicle(s)
Yes the insert is in the kit. This is my 3rd shifter from them and they are the best on the market hands down! They will not charge your card until they ship your shifter.
Thanks for the reply, good to know! This will be my first, but it looks very well built and I like the functions of the unit too.

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
The top 10mm bolt in the trans, sucks ass, easy to loosen but pita to get out.

Top 13mm bolt is fairly easy.

shifter trim sucks, make sure it's warm before you start pulling on it.

Roll pin holding spring sucks, I didn't have correct drift. Just took a brick hammer to the plastic reverse lock out.

SVT_N8

@baggedcobra
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
awesome. mine arrived yesterday. truly a work of art.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.