William518

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I bit the bullet and invested $360 in a set of MGP caliper covers with the competition orange paint. These should have fit easily on my 20" Roush wheels, but after driving 1 block, i started to hear both fronts start to rub the wheel. I came back home and immediately pulled them off. During the removal, one of the threaded studs broke off the cover.

MGP is refusing to take a return because 1), they are custom due to the color and 2), they blame operator error for the damage. I honestly do not believe that I over-torqued the nut when I installed it or removed it. The weld should have held better than it did.

As you can image, it's really frustrating to spend this much money of a formed piece of aluminum and then to have the company not be willing to work with me on a return or even a partial reimbursement. I'd be willing to accept a warrant replacement for the 1 with the broken stud. I could probably form the metal to make it work.

This is just a warning to others who are considering the purchase of MGP Caliper Covers. Their customer service is horrible.
CC1-1.jpg
CC2.jpg
Sponsored

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
I know this comment isn't helpful and I'm sorry to hear about your situation but $360 FOR CALIPER COVERS?!?! That is an absurd price for such a useless mod! I figured $50 max.There is an infinite list of things that money could've been better spent on. I hope you got your money back.

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase
I had a set before I painted mine and if not install right, they will rub. I suggest making sure installation was properly done.
Sponsored