Metal grind when turning

bmrylnd5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@sugoispec
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
I recently installed Steeda's bumpsteer kit and sway bar end links. I brought it to the alignment shop to get everything dialed in, but I'm noticing a loud metal scraping noise when I turn >= 45 deg (roughly). I asked the alignment tech to double check my bumpsteer spacing, and endlinks, and they said they looked fine.

Any ideas on what the noise could be? Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

bmrylnd5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@sugoispec
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
I added the FRPP Track Kit with OEM 19" Pirellis. I was driving for awhile without an alignment, I wonder if getting it aligned caused rubbing or something. It kinda sounds like somethings rubbing on the brake shield.

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
Make sure the brake shield isn’t rubbing on the rotor. It is easy to accidentally bend when working in that area and will make noise when turning.

OP
OP

bmrylnd5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@sugoispec
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
Make sure the brake shield isn’t rubbing on the rotor. It is easy to accidentally bend when working in that area and will make noise when turning.
Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out. If it's bent, just bend it back as best I can or replace it?

Sponsored

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
It could very well be the shield. As long as you don't notice and grinding sensations when turning or any other driving scenarios, you're likely not in any danger. If you can instigate it at low speeds, try and get a friend outside of the car to help you pinpoint which wheel it's coming from.

OP
OP

bmrylnd5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@sugoispec
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
yup, it was the driver side brake shield, it didn't look too bent, but I bent it back towards the engine and it seemed to fix it. Thanks everyone!