Not open for further replies.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Last edited:

Jack1.1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 HE, 2022 Shelby GT500 White
Napa in California and Bob Davidson in Baltimore are the 2 biggest buyers of GT500s in the country, both dealerships have been buying up and selling as many as possible for many months now. Big selection and big ADM if your a baller this is your stop.

OP
OP
Sdsaathoff

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT350, GT350R HEP, GT500 HE CFTP, 23 Raptor R
I almost did the black painted stripes on mine. I just held to WW because I wanted it to match my Heritage 350R. I still think WW looks great on Brittney Blue. One of my buddies has a painted black strip Heritage. It looks nice.

The rarity of the Black Painted stripe cars is crazy. I have only counted 4 or 5 CFTP Heritage ones. Not sure how many were produced. Too bad someone didn’t have the connection into Ford like they did for the GT350 Data…

LR272

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 CFTP HE; 2020 GT350R HE; 1987 LX 5.0
I almost did the black painted stripes on mine. I just held to WW because I wanted it to match my Heritage 350R. I still think WW looks great on Brittney Blue. One of my buddies has a painted black stripe Heritage. It looks nice.

The rarity of the Black Painted stripe cars is crazy. I have only counted 4 or 5 CFTP Heritage ones. Not sure how many were produced. Too bad someone didn’t have the connection into Ford like they did for the GT350 Data…
I once had more belief in the saying that "rarity creates value". I now know that there is a lot more to it than simple quantity.

Unlike your 2020 GT350R HEP and 2022 GT500 CFTP HE (both with traditional and authentic rocker panel side stripes) the 2022 Brittany Blue GT500's with black stripes do not pay genuine homage to any previously produced production cars. While they are great looking cars, I personally don't assign a value premium to them simply based on the premise that there may be only a few dozen produced in that combination. I am aware of some suspected 1 of 1 color combinations and while they are arguably cool looking, I feel most certain that they will not fetch a premium despite their extreme rarity. For example, I think I recall seeing an Atlas Blue car with a race red stripe.

The collector car world is extremely sentimental and routinely assigns value premiums to combinations that represent things of important historical significance. In my opinion, you made the right decision by choosing the white stripes for your 2022 GT500 HE. Moreover, I think you made the right decision by choosing the vinyl stripe option due to its inclusion of the traditional rocker panel side stripe.

Sponsored

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Found a CFTP HE with painted white stripes 50 miles from home 149,999 little to rich for
my blood. The stripes have GT500 cut out in the hood, is that factory option ??

EBTAGMOTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HE R, 2022 GT500 PP HE, 2016 GT350BaseR
Found a CFTP HE with painted white stripes 50 miles from home 149,999 little to rich for
my blood. The stripes have GT500 cut out in the hood, is that factory option ??
Yes. I believe only the painted striped cars have that option.

OP
OP
Sdsaathoff

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I once had more belief in the saying that "rarity creates value". I now know that there is a lot more to it than simple quantity.

Unlike your 2020 GT350R HEP and 2022 GT500 CFTP HE (both with traditional and authentic rocker panel side stripes) the 2022 Brittany Blue GT500's with black stripes do not pay genuine homage to any previously produced production cars. While they are great looking cars, I personally don't assign a value premium to them simply based on the premise that there may be only a few dozen produced in that combination. I am aware of some suspected 1 of 1 color combinations and while they are arguably cool looking, I feel most certain that they will not fetch a premium despite their extreme rarity. For example, I think I recall seeing an Atlas Blue car with a race red stripe.

The collector car world is extremely sentimental and routinely assigns value premiums to combinations that represent things of important historical significance. In my opinion, you made the right decision by choosing the white stripes for your 2022 GT500 HE. Moreover, I think you made the right decision by choosing the vinyl stripe option due to its inclusion of the traditional rocker panel side stripe.

Agreed, but I did get the CFTP GT500 HE with Painted Stripes. My 2015 GT350, which I've had since new and has only 1,600 miles on it already has the Vinyl Stripes chipping. The same thing happened with my 2014 GT500. I used to have a 66 GT350 and, you are correct, they originally had Vinyl Rocker Stripes.

I just wish Ford used higher quality Vinyl on their cars so we wouldn't have to worry about the stripes chipping, which is why I went with the Painted Stripes on the GT500. I've had 3 Raptors and put tons of miles on them in pretty harsh weather conditions. None of those had Vinyl chipping. If I could have gotten Painted Stripes on my GT350R, I would have paid extra for it...

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I just wish Ford used higher quality Vinyl
Actually, they do use quality vinyl but because it is super thin, it can't hold up to a pebble at 60.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Actually, they do use quality vinyl but because it is super thin, it can't hold up to a pebble at 60.
The vinyl striped on my 350s are good quality and seem very durable. Are the 500 stripes thinner?

OP
OP
Sdsaathoff

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The vinyl striped on my 350s are good quality and seem very durable. Are the 500 stripes thinner?

My 2014 GT500 had the same issues with the stripes that my 2015 has. I just took some really close shots of the vinyl stripe. I thought the vinyl was chipping, but after looking at this closeup, the vinyl is still there. The color is what’s missing. I rubbed my finger across the area where the color is missing and it’s not a chip. The vinyl feels very smooth, but the color just came off in what looks like a chip. It’s very weird. I can’t say I’ve ever seen anything like that before. This is my 2015 GT350 with 1,600 miles on it, in my garage. Here is a pic:

B25C7D60-60AF-4C2B-A8F6-95D7A3631EB7.jpeg

LR272

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 CFTP HE; 2020 GT350R HE; 1987 LX 5.0
My 2014 GT500 had the same issues with the stripes that my 2015 has. I just took some really close shots of the vinyl stripe. I thought the vinyl was chipping, but after looking at this closeup, the vinyl is still there. The color is what’s missing. I rubbed my finger across the area where the color is missing and it’s not a chip. The vinyl feels very smooth, but the color just came off in what looks like a chip. It’s very weird. I can’t say I’ve ever seen anything like that before. This is my 2015 GT350 with 1,600 miles on it, in my garage. Here is a pic:

B25C7D60-60AF-4C2B-A8F6-95D7A3631EB7.jpeg
I hate to see that, particularly after only 8 years. Is there any chance that it was caused by a pressure washer? On a positive note, it can be replaced and if done professionally I would not expect it to negatively impact the cars value at all, nothing like a repaint.

My apologies for misunderstanding your GT500 HE to have the vinyl stripe option. I too would have paid more for the painted stripes on both of mine, but only if they included the traditional rocker panel side stripe and only if the paint work was performed by the factory.

I know it is Penske, but the idea of my $105K+ heirloom collector eligible Heritage Edition going straight from the factory to a third-party body shop to be partially disassembled, sanded, painted, buffed, clear coated, and reassembled, along with the additional transports, human error opportunities, and extended outdoor storage & delivery times just didn't sit well with my OCD :) Too many have disclosed that their POTTS car came with bubbles in the clear coat, sanding marks, accidental paint marring that necessitated paint correction, paint overspray, unaddressed buffer residue, etc.

The painted stripe cars can have a beauty advantage inside of 10 feet. They also offer a big advantage for those who intend to apply PPF. Beyond 10 feet it is largely indistinguishable between vinyl and painted.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I hate to see that, particularly after only 8 years. Is there any chance that it was caused by a pressure washer? On a positive note, it can be replaced and if done professionally I would not expect it to negatively impact the cars value at all, nothing like a repaint.

My apologies for misunderstanding your GT500 HE to have the vinyl stripe option. I too would have paid more for the painted stripes on both of mine, but only if they included the traditional rocker panel side stripe and only if the paint work was performed by the factory.

I know it is Penske, but the idea of my $105K+ heirloom collector eligible Heritage Edition going straight from the factory to a third-party body shop to be partially disassembled, sanded, painted, buffed, clear coated, and reassembled, along with the additional transports, human error opportunities, and extended outdoor storage & delivery times just didn't sit well with my OCD :) Too many have disclosed that their POTTS car came with bubbles in the clear coat, sanding marks, accidental paint marring that necessitated paint correction, paint overspray, unaddressed buffer residue, etc.

The painted stripe cars can have a beauty advantage inside of 10 feet. They also offer a big advantage for those who intend to apply PPF. Beyond 10 feet it is largely indistinguishable between vinyl and painted.
Other than the gigantic panel gaps ford leaves in their vinyl 🤣

OP
OP
Sdsaathoff

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

No Pressure Washer. Just foam cannon and gentle washing.

And yeah, I was happy when my GT500 was built on July 23 and delivered on Sept 16. I’ve heard nightmares about tire quality after sitting in the cold over the winter months when the cars are built in November and not delivered until Jan/Feb.

My Raptor R was built on 12/22/22 and it’s still not here yet. I’m sure the paint, suspension, and everything else will be perfect when it arrives…:headbang:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.