gofastguy

NEO Mustang Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT#3040
I had a V6 as my daily for a few years and I recently got to take a nice drive in my buddy's ecoboost. The six was fun and the turbo was very impressive, especially without the weight in the front. But I will definitely be sticking with my 5.0!
Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
If you're going to do it, make it soon. The current deals are almost too good to pass up. I almost had my father in law pick one up for me instead of waiting on my order.

rozay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PQ 5.0 MT
shouldve got a V8 lol

Brad

Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S - Big Turbo EB
If you're planning on modding the 5.0 with a blower, just put down the extra bucks and look for a gt350. Assuming you're planning on a loaded GT, I don't see a point in getting one if you can find or build a base shelby for a reasonable price. I know it's a big jump but if you're EB worked like it should, I bet MAP or FFTEC's turbo kit would have done you just fine...and for only 3.5k.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
If you're planning on modding the 5.0 with a blower, just put down the extra bucks and look for a gt350. Assuming you're planning on a loaded GT, I don't see a point in getting one if you can find or build a base shelby for a reasonable price. I know it's a big jump but if you're EB worked like it should, I bet MAP or FFTEC's turbo kit would have done you just fine...and for only 3.5k.
The problem is finding one in the first place and even if you do hopefully the stealership doesn't add a price hike. :headbonk:

Sponsored

OP
OP
willmkent

willmkent

'Twas sure good see'in ya
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
yea, I would be cool with a GT without a blower for a while but I have a feeling that my car ill end up being fixed and the option of having my lease bought back may have ended. We will see.

If they can't get the cooled seats to work properly then ford corp should buy it back, Im doing to move into a GT. When i buy something, i expect it to work as it's advertised.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Good luck with the new car. Hopefully they'll work all the bugs out of the 4 banger. Had to figure there was going to be some growing pains with the new tech.

OP
OP
willmkent

willmkent

'Twas sure good see'in ya
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Yea for sure. I actually do really enjoy the Eco.. But I traded my Infiniti g35 for this that was bleeding me dry with maintenance and repair costs, it made me not be able to trust a vehicle ever. So I went new and got this Eco... Then when I have issue after issue with the Eco, then I can't have any trust worthy fun like tuning

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
That's the up side to the GT. You don't have to make it fast. And pretty much everything is rock solid. Especially if you go with an auto.

Sponsored

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Yea for sure. I actually do really enjoy the Eco.. But I traded my Infiniti g35 for this that was bleeding me dry with maintenance and repair costs, it made me not be able to trust a vehicle ever. So I went new and got this Eco... Then when I have issue after issue with the Eco, then I can't have any trust worthy fun like tuning
That sucks you are having problems with the Eco. So far so good with mine. I dropped my GTI because I got tired of replacing the water pump. I may jump to a GT when Ford does a mid cycle refresh. Or if I start to get bored with my car. Good luck with the purchase.

TurboMetal

Deadlift or Die.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0
Hey Will, hope everything works out. I feel pretty lucky with mine so far. Oh the woes of a first year product. My EB isn't going anywhere, I'm biding my time till I can get a cobra.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Hey Will, hope everything works out. I feel pretty lucky with mine so far. Oh the woes of a first year product. My EB isn't going anywhere, I'm biding my time till I can get a cobra.
Good idea, hold the eco for 5 or 6 years and then get a Gt350. I might consider that myself

TurboMetal

Deadlift or Die.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0
Good idea, hold the eco for 5 or 6 years and then get a Gt350. I might consider that myself
That's the plan my man! Hopefully I get a promotion and can get it sooner than that! :cheers:

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
So I leased an Eco boost and have had it for a little over 2000 miles, and boy am I glad I leased this car.... So I'll be short but start from the beginning.

-About 500 miles, cylinder misfire and engine light, in for service,
-Shortly after, I got close the to the rev limiter, "overboost condition"
-Drove easy and hit 1000 miles, got close to the limiter, "overboost condition"
-All this time, shaker sub rattles like crazy and drives me nuts, "service says normal"
-1500 miles got close to the rev limiter "overboost condition"
-all knowing cooled seats don't work worth a damn
-sub port in front didn't work, went in for service
-2010 miles, multiple cylinder is fire, car sputtering and driving rough.

Yea long story short I would love for ford to buy back this joke of a car and get a GT. my intentioned were to tune and modify because I love turbo cars and I just simply can't because I can't even rely on the car to function properly stock...oh and all this time, I have to let it sit at the dealer for days...

I'm frustrated...
I would if I were you.... Trade it in as a pissed off customer and beat them
hard on price
Sponsored