Chrisnova

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer
Hi guys,
I’m hopefully buying a 17 or 18 GT350 in the next few months. I’ve seen miles all over the place, a lot with like 3k on it and a handful in the 20k to 30k range. Is it worth the 5k to 8k price difference to go less miles? I’m thinking if there was any oil issues, it would have been dealt with by 20k. Thanks!
Sponsored

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I think what is more important than mileage is car history. For instance a low mileage car may have been a track toy. Also if you pull the service history you will be able to see if the engine has been replaced etc.

JakeLethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Hi guys,
I’m hopefully buying a 17 or 18 GT350 in the next few months. I’ve seen miles all over the place, a lot with like 3k on it and a handful in the 20k to 30k range. Is it worth the 5k to 8k price difference to go less miles? I’m thinking if there was any oil issues, it would have been dealt with by 20k. Thanks!

Check all reports before making that choice on a car. As the above comment stated, a low mile car could've been just a weekend beat on toy. Always gotta check the history on these cars. Some people just don't take care of these cars like you or I would. But personally, I would pay more for a low mileage car. Hope this helps!

Sletcher

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stu
Vehicle(s)
20 GT350, 19 Expedition, 17 VW Alltrack
A good pre-purchase inspection by a reputable shop can help you make the best decision. There are lots of great members here that can recommend shops all over the country. Happy hunting.

OP
OP

Chrisnova

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer
Thanks guys. Besides tire wear and brake wear, is there a way to tell if a low mile one was tracked? Rubber in the fender wall etc? I just dont want to buy someones punching bag!.

Sponsored

Sletcher

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stu
Vehicle(s)
20 GT350, 19 Expedition, 17 VW Alltrack
I really don't have anything specific to offer. I would highly recommend you read most of the GT350 Basics and Other Essential Information Sticky thread at the top of this Forum. Probably the single best source of information on these cars.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
This is tough question that you need to be comfortable with the answer.
Track only with a low mileage car doesn’t seem bad to those who track only their cars. I’ve read people here who really beat on their cars and have had no real issues. The car was built to be tracked.
On the other hand, those who drive so infrequently may pose other problems.
An existing warranty with a bit left on it will give some peace.

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
Thanks guys. Besides tire wear and brake wear, is there a way to tell if a low mile one was tracked? Rubber in the fender wall etc? I just dont want to buy someones punching bag!.

Friend of mine was looking at 2010 ZR1 with 6000 miles. One owner, when he looked at the tires the date code on front tires was 2010, the the rear were 2012. So the owner must have smoked the rear tires and replaced them. Maybe at the dragstrip.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Check the tire date code on a low mile car and see if it jives with the mileage on the car. A heavily tracked car will have gone through the original tires and then some. I would argue that these cars can be just as abused on the back roads or wound up to redline, or run hard when not up to temp without seeing a race track.
Edit- I see my 350 brethren here have similar responses at the same time. A good sign

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Don't forget to have a warranty that covers the length of time you drive your Shelby. Extended warranties cost less on low milage cars. Don't worry about a car that's been driven on the track, that's what they are made for. Last thing, most of the Shelby's don't break. Some that do were never on the track. Warranty is you friend along with a good dealership.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Yes, warranty is important. I bought the Ford premium care out to 2025, when I purchased new. Look for a good transferable warranty if possible when shopping around.
Sponsored