Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
No reason not the general steps are the same...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Issue #3 was not an issue for me I had the resisters already spliced into the factory harness so I have no DTCs or anything just an inquiry. We made a gasket because there was no one to say we didn't need it =) it we were not sure with the surface if it was sufficient to support without one.

Only think I am chasing down now is not being able to WOT and get the boost to just hold, it is building boost fine, accelerating fine but not holding it like it should, just does a little flutter at max boost and dies. I think its the BOV being too soft for the amount of boost. It did not show up driving around town after the install but on the highway its prevalent. Tried dropping to 5th and even 4th boost kicks in hits about 17-20+ psi flutters then dies so I suspect the BOV is opening.

How is your wastegate connected and how are the lines on your boost control solenoid routed?

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
On the boost controller the bottom port is routed to the compressor, the middle is going to the bottom port of the WG, the top port of the WG is open so is the top port of the EBCS.

I also ran my BOV to another vac source not off the block with the MAP from the other shorty BOV just to rule out a source issue. Also can I route the vent to atmosphere from the EBCS to an input on my intake, to recirculate it instead of venting to air?

We are still searching for the culprit to out little boost issue, can anyone identify the sound made in the video below at full boost, it was suggested it was the wastegate. We have adjusted the BOV across the range and its not that.

(go to 2:04 in the video to see a closer shot of the boost gauge etc.)

Last edited:

5.0yote

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Update on my install

Install completed, on first revision of Tune+ tune, stock MAP tune was causing all kinds of problems as previously posted.

[ame]

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Sounds great man. How's it feel? A lot faster?

5.0yote

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds great man. How's it feel? A lot faster?

Yeah even with the Cobb stage 3 tune it was fast but this is another level, just a different spool range, but its not that noticeable once you figure out the new power band, its only on a rev 1 tune right now so its not finished but its easily as fast as my tuned 15 GT right now, but lighter and better gas mileage. Hopefully we will get it up another 2 to 4 psi stable and leave it there.

Not going for any world records just making it quicker, and more fun to commute with =)

It's really good though. The video does not do it justice, that was 83MPH just as I reached the camera there at the pass by.

I really appreciate this thread, Brad and everyone who posted helpful information, and a huge shout to Adam at Tune+ for saving my block because I really believe the MAP base tune was absolutely going to kill it, it was so jacked up.

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Yeah even with the Cobb stage 3 tune it was fast but this is another level, just a different spool range, but its not that noticeable once you figure out the new power band, its only on a rev 1 tune right now so its not finished but its easily as fast as my tuned 15 GT right now, but lighter and better gas mileage. Hopefully we will get it up another 2 to 4 psi stable and leave it there.

Not going for any world records just making it quicker, and more fun to commute with =)

It's really good though. The video does not do it justice, that was 83MPH just as I reached the camera there at the pass by.

I really appreciate this thread, Brad and everyone who posted helpful information, and a huge shout to Adam at Tune+ for saving my block because I really believe the MAP base tune was absolutely going to kill it, it was so jacked up.
Awesome your on a 93 tune?

5.0yote

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Yes it's all I got in Ma..

Yeah we got e85 here but I don't like mixing gas for e30. Anyway I have the Vargas stage 2 coming along with a meth kit so I was just wondering how it felt to have a bigger turbo on the car lol.

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
methhhhhhh next? lol

Sup3rPat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Gaurd
Nice, now it's time to go fast. Where was that sound coming from tho?

5.0yote

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nah I am not going the meth route as much as I would love to the kit is just outside my budget at the moment.

5.0yote

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, now it's time to go fast. Where was that sound coming from tho?
Something was not right with the MAP tune when desired TIP pre-throttle was less than the actual the tune would use the throttle body to manage the 44.01 psi of pre-throttle boost, instead of the systems that should be doing it (WG, EBC). So you hear the throttle flutting under the pressure of trying to stay 75% closed....

You do not want to see my back and forth emails I have with MAP. It's not pretty.

However Adam at Tune+ listened to my video once and knew what was wrong... MAP is still trying to figure out what a WG does. [emoji33]

Sup3rPat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Gaurd
I believe it, Ive had to email the President of MAP about an issue before. MAP customer service fell off since Adam left. Glad to see everything is up running great now. I will be going e85 here in the near future :)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk