Sponsored

Manuals Are Losers

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I had a '14 with the MT-82 and I never had an issue with it, but for 2018 the 1st and 2nd gears changed and just didn't seem to be as good of a fit. I had multiple reasons for getting the auto in my '18, and that was one of them. I also just like the A10, and after shifting gears for 30 years, I thought I'd give the auto a try. If the A6 was still the auto at the time, I would have gotten a manual, but the A10 just had a lot more personality.
Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Was on the fence between ordering the A10 or MT82. I haven’t driven a manual on a regular basis since 1990 and that was in my 1970 Torino Cobra with top loader 4 speed. The clutch and MT82 in my GT/CS are a pleasure to drive. I’m not drag racing and taking it easy…don’t need any tickets. Shifting is smooth and clutch does not kill my leg. Happy I ordered the manual. Brings back old memories. My 06 GT was a DD for 14 years so it was the right time to go back to a stick.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Grew up with manuals. Learned to drive in my late mothers 2 dr Plymouth coupe post Korean war. No pwr steering, "three on a tree." Do I miss a manual ? Sure. Damn near every car I've owned has been a manual. Sadly, after two knee surgeries and a fractured ankle to my left leg, along with the onset of arthritis, a manual is a long term no no.

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
Wish I could have got the auto in my pp2, but I do like rowing through the gears. Haven't had any issues so far.

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
Having good manual 'shifting' skills does not equate to good 'driving' skills. Not saying people don't have both, but they're not the same thing. I prefer faster curvy road driving so, for me, automatic much better for speedier corners and better control.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
@BabyPanza, will it be a '22 ? Sure hope so. Not good the way Ford keeps pushing orders back.

Kennysum1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Alfa Romeo Quadraflio, 2018 TT GT Prem, 22 GT
If you drive a manual you have a small pp

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Having good manual 'shifting' skills does not equate to good 'driving' skills. Not saying people don't have both, but they're not the same thing. I prefer faster curvy road driving so, for me, automatic much better for speedier corners and better control.
Better control when somebody other than you is telling the transmission when to shift? I don't believe it, or the speedier corners part where you could be subjected to an unexpected up- or down-shift.

Norm

Kennysum1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Alfa Romeo Quadraflio, 2018 TT GT Prem, 22 GT
If you could not detect the sarcasm in that idk what to tell you.
Like who on earth seriously would ever say pp?

Sponsored

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Better control when somebody other than you is telling the transmission when to shift? I don't believe it, or the speedier corners part where you could be subjected to an unexpected up- or down-shift.

Norm
Well, multiple professional drivers never seemed to have complained about that, as far as I have seen, and most say that the A10 picks the right gear at the right time. I also suspect that with 10 gears, the impact of a gear change is less disruptive.

Additionally, as has been stated many, many times, the A10 allows for manual gear changes, so you don't have to worry about it changing gears when you don't want it to. Let me say this one more time: you don't have to deal with someone else's shift logic if you don't want to.

It seems that you forget or ignore every detail that supports what the A10 can do each time you post. As I always say, I am not trying to convince anyone to get the A10, and I see why people like manuals, but to make arguments that ignore the facts is potentially doing a disservice to people considering the A10. They may make decisions based on inaccurate information.

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
:lipssealed::facepalm:Not sure why we have to judge each other either way...different strokes for different folks...or, in this case different shifts 😊

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
@BabyPanza, will it be a '22 ? Sure hope so. Not good the way Ford keeps pushing orders back.
I don't think it will be '22 based on several people saying the VIN determines model year and we already have our VIN...plus having a hard time waiting as it is, certainly don't want to wait until Q1 or later for '22.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
To be frank I would rather have the better tranny ratios of the original MT82 or the Getrag and pay the $1k gas guzzler tax. I wouldn't even have bought the Mustang if I had to get an auto. I'm not dissing people who got the auto, for me it was strictly a personal preference knowing full well that I was buying the slower car. The same for a Tesla, I could have bought a Model 3 performance but I would have been bored with that car after 1 week, hell maybe even less than that.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
If you could not detect the sarcasm in that idk what to tell you.
Like who on earth seriously would ever say pp?
Got me to say it hahahah!
Sponsored