Sponsored

Major differences b/w the 2015 and 2016 GT models?

Raiderjoey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Sorry if this is posted but I'm in Afghanistan and it's literally 200x faster to start a new thread than to search because of the connection speeds here.

if there is a thread on this already, can someone post it here? if not, can someone provide me with any major updates that will make getting a 2016 a better choice?

thanks!
Sponsored

racecarmike

Threads
Reaction score
Website
g-stream.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Black

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Silver wheels on the PP, hallelujah.
PP on the convertible
GT/CS and Black-out trim options

Plus the Sync3 and Hood turn signals.

Not a lot, really.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
If infotainment matters to you, like if the car will be your daily driver and only car, then SYNC3 is well worth it. It's simple, intuitive, and responsive.

Other than that, unless you want some of the 2016 exterior appearance options like factory stripes, blackout package, or California Special, then just go with a '15, which will likely be cheaper at this point.

*Hood turn signals are cool and all; I certainly enjoy them, but it's not a big enough deal to choose the '16 over the '15. But I will say that I'm glad I have them due to installing the dashcam; so if I'm ever in an accident I can show insurance that I had on my turn-signal before turning (which I always do).

Sponsored

OP
OP

Raiderjoey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Thanks everyone. I appreciate it the info.

If i can save a considerable amount by going with the '15, I will go that route. otherwise I'll snatch up a '16 when I get back to the states. (April)

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
You could always look at ordering a 2016 through Military Auto Source. They have reps at pretty much all of the larger bases out there.

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
Since you'd be coming back in April, you'd be a few months away from 2017 MY announcement. I'd wait for that because it's likely 17MY will be refreshed (facelift, power gain, or both).

Reactions: 113

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Power gains from a 17' would most likely be either a revised intake manifold, or better flowing exhaust even headers, or a tune. Or even a combination of sorts. They just revised the engine so don't really see for doing any major work in the form of heads or cams. Suspension and weight reduction would be ideal maybe an auto that's 8-10speed.

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Stay safe while you're in that shit box and thank you for your service.

+1 Focus on getting home first. We'll be waiting here to answer any questions you have.

:usa: