Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium

Winter Wolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F80/M3, 17' Shelby 350R
WOW! Just looked at my R and yep the dealership left the spacers on. Pretty pissed. I need to check the front splitter as well. Already have 200 miles on it. Gonna call up the dealership to handle this ASAP.

Are we supposed to get an alignment from the dealership after they remove the spacers?

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
WOW! Just looked at my R and yep the dealership left the spacers on. Pretty pissed. I need to check the front splitter as well. Already have 200 miles on it. Gonna call up the dealership to handle this ASAP.

Are we supposed to get an alignment from the dealership after they remove the spacers?
Should be fine once you remove them (no alignment). If you have a floor jack you can just remove them yourself -- get the tire off the ground and pull em out.

Dtmaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1965 Cobra 427S/C; Jeep Commander
Like others in this thread, at 295 miles I inexplicably received the "Driver Selectable Suspension Malfunction Service Required". I was over 150 miles from home just before a photo shoot with [MENTION=21698]swedensky[/MENTION] and [MENTION=20243]50 Deep[/MENTION] with my suspension now riding only on the springs at this point. Hopefully didn't damage anything on the way back. Tomorrow it goes to the dealer another 60 miles away. The spacers were taken out before I took delivery. I was driving about 65 on cruise control when the alert occurred. Oh, well! It only affected the suspension, not the exhaust selector. I did an online search and found this from Ford: https://ford.oemdtc.com/1357/driver...stic-trouble-code-dtc-c103e-2016-ford-mustang

Until the magna shocks stop working you don't realize the amazing job they do for us. And driving even the shortest distance without them is vey unpleasant.

1GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Photos of the rear spacer through the rear wheel.

Here is what to look for from outside the rear wheel area above the brake rotor.
6404C051-164C-477E-9943-36838473EAF8.jpeg

Sponsored

1GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Photo of rear spacer from underneath the car.

Best shot I could get.
031DF31D-E36B-4D30-A3FB-36E8A38A07C9.jpeg

1GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Don’t forget!

Have the dealer reprogram the magnetic ride control system after they remove the front and rear spacers!

Dtmaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
"Driver Selectable Suspension Malfunction Service Required" Diagnosed/repaired

Like others in this thread, at 295 miles I inexplicably received the "Driver Selectable Suspension Malfunction Service Required". I was over 150 miles from home just before a photo shoot with [MENTION=21698]swedensky[/MENTION] and [MENTION=20243]50 Deep[/MENTION] with my suspension now riding only on the springs at this point. Hopefully didn't damage anything on the way back. Tomorrow it goes to the dealer another 60 miles away. The spacers were taken out before I took delivery. I was driving about 65 on cruise control when the alert occurred. Oh, well! It only affected the suspension, not the exhaust selector. I did an online search and found this from Ford: https://ford.oemdtc.com/1357/driver...stic-trouble-code-dtc-c103e-2016-ford-mustang

Until the magna shocks stop working you don't realize the amazing job they do for us. And driving even the shortest distance without them is vey unpleasant.
Redwood Ford Service Techs diagnosed the above issue as follows:

IDS hookup and received code: C1A05:14-AF.
Rear left height sensor short to ground or open.
Performed pinpoint test.
Accessed VDM connector and rear height sensor connector.
Found all three circuits open.
On further inspection found wires to connector were pulled apart inside wire insulation right at the connector.
Found harness had come in contact with driveline.
New 3-wire pigtail replacement spliced into harness and routed harness correctly. Cleared codes.
No return of issue after road test.

Relieved it was an easy fix!

Dtmaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Have the dealer reprogram the magnetic ride control system after they remove the front and rear spacers!
According to what my Ford Tech tells me, that's not necessary. The suspension is calibrated and then blocked with the spacers for shipping - and their removal is all that's needed.
Sponsored