Sponsored

Magneride worth for just 1/4?

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
How worth is the magneride option if the car will be a weekend drag strip racer? Apparently drag mode really makes a difference vs standard shocks/struts? Something like Steeda or Vikings adjustables just as good or better?

Since you need PP1 to get magneride, $7k+ seems a little steep when shopping for a car.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Skip the the high tech stuff. Unless your trying to set world records. The stock springs and dampers will do. But if you have money burning a hole in your pocket. The Vikings dampers will probably out sixty the mag ride.

Last edited:
OP
OP
wsfrazier

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Yeah I am thinking the same, as nice as the PP1 and Magride would be to have, it seems pretty useless for a drag oriented car.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I added the MR handling package which includes springs (3/4" drop), sway bars and a calibration update for MR.. When that was installed I had them do the BMR CB005 Cradle Lockout as well.

Car is PLANTED at the strip now. Noticeably different feel in the launches. I'm sure some of that has to do with the CB005 too but the car doesn't rise up in the front anymore and the rear end is firm when in Drag Mode. The mods totally improved my launches and 60' times.

Granted, this is my DD and weekend strip car so the cost probably isn't worth it if you want to put the money elsewhere. $7k for MR & PP1 along with the $2000 parts & labor for the above mods puts it at $9k. Pretty costly when you can do a lot of other things for that money.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I don't think anyone has really pushed the limits of mag ride as far as drag racing goes. But being able to adjust firmness on the fly is nice. Mag ride is a bit more firm than stock PP suspension and controls bumps much better.
Sponsored