Last ditch effort for 10 sec 1/4

Toydoctor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I may have missed my opportunity to hit my goal of hitting a high 10 with loosing low DA weather. I realize I might have to wait until November here in Florida.

I’m able to pull a 1.6 and possibly a 1.5 60ft with my setup right now. My driving is about as good as I can be.
I’m still running full weight minus the spare tire. Next time I go to the track I’ll disconnect the sway bar and max out the front tire pressures too.

My car came factory with 3.55 gears and with a 2018 MT-82 having fourth gear 1-1 I’m trapping at about 5600 rpms. I just installed 3.73 gears hoping for about 6000 to 6200 at the traps.

Anyone with experience with a small change in gears and how effects 1/4 time and trap speeds?

Thanks!
Sponsored

raycer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Go with a VMP or Lund tune and you will be in the 10s. Also most guys have better luck with 3.31 gears on TVS cars.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Fifth gear is 1:1 on the MT-82. Gearing on the MT-82 is WAY shorter than on previous Tremecs used by Ford that selected 4th as their 1:1.

Who's tune are you running? The numbers and ET don't reflect anything Roush could develop. That is both from personal experience and from others attempting to run the 727 P2 package on a stick shift and unable to break 12's without disabling things by pulling connectors or fuses.

You'd be foolish not to go to VMP or PBD (they are both in your back yard) and have them do an on site tune. I'd run either one of those with a stick shift setup. VMP was very good to me on my past two S197 cars. So I can speak highly of them personally.

OP
OP
Toydoctor

Toydoctor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Fifth gear is 1:1 on the MT-82. Gearing on the MT-82 is WAY shorter than on previous Tremecs used by Ford that selected 4th as their 1:1.

Who's tune are you running? The numbers and ET don't reflect anything Roush could develop. That is both from personal experience and from others attempting to run the 727 P2 package on a stick shift and unable to break 12's without disabling things by pulling connectors or fuses.

You'd be foolish not to go to VMP or PBD (they are both in your back yard) and have them do an on site tune. I'd run either one of those with a stick shift setup. VMP was very good to me on my past two S197 cars. So I can speak highly of them personally.
Thanks for both of the replies. By far I need a tune. (Still on the roush tune and original pulley) I was trying to retain the roush warranty. VMP published a great video on YouTube of a 2018 GT A10 with huge gains at the track after a tune.

After I installed a chiller for the Intercooler water I gained a lot of power back. Close to 65 horsepower and 40 torque. Having the Intercooler water at about 45 to 50 degrees F makes a big difference. I figured this would be enough to allow me to sneak into the 10 sec range.

I’ve tried to work with what I have outside of obtaining a tune. VMP will be my choice though when comes time. Here is my last time slip if anyone would like see. Only thing disabled is the active stability and trac control off via button.
8D76EB12-18B7-4D8E-B021-2A5B6AB90198.jpeg

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Would be interested in your HE setup. I have an oversized Whipple HE I have not yet installed. Still need to get the mounting kit for it. The single pass unit Roush provides with their kits is a POS. The 2300 I am running (car I bought used was already setup with it) will benefit from cooler IAT's was well. It's always nice to have the power there rather than it being pissed away as IAT temps go above 130-135 depending on the tuner.

Still have suspension mods to add to the car before I can comfortably take it to the track to make a pass. And I lack a rear tire setup.The 14 I ran a 15" setup and it won't fit the S550 so it went with the 14. Guess I need to get off the couch and get it done and get a setup so I can find out what it will do before the HE kit goes in. Seems like every time I plan to do something on it the rains threaten to come. What I would n't give for two weeks of dry weather for a change. Haven't seen that in 2 years of better.

Sponsored

raycer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
You are flying for a Roush tune. I have a fairly simple setup with VMP Gen 2r and 79mm pulley running 10.70s at 130 on VMP (Joe) tune. His tune is solid and the support is there if needed. I like the chiller idea. My iat2s were 110-120 when running those numbers.

OP
OP
Toydoctor

Toydoctor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Would be interested in your HE setup. I have an oversized Whipple HE I have not yet installed. Still need to get the mounting kit for it. The single pass unit Roush provides with their kits is a POS. The 2300 I am running (car I bought used was already setup with it) will benefit from cooler IAT's was well. It's always nice to have the power there rather than it being pissed away as IAT temps go above 130-135 depending on the tuner.

Still have suspension mods to add to the car before I can comfortably take it to the track to make a pass. And I lack a rear tire setup.The 14 I ran a 15" setup and it won't fit the S550 so it went with the 14. Guess I need to get off the couch and get it done and get a setup so I can find out what it will do before the HE kit goes in. Seems like every time I plan to do something on it the rains threaten to come. What I would n't give for two weeks of dry weather for a change. Haven't seen that in 2 years of better.

I made a post about installing Intercooler chiller on the car. The system not ideal, but it works pretty well in my circumstance. I definitely don’t recommend it for everyone. In my opinion the company Forced Induction Chillers has it mostly figured out. The hellcat guys use them extensively since the Demon Challenger has one from the factory Here is a link to the chiller thread.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/700-whp-2018-roush-stage-1-roush-tune-inside.121111/

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
^^ Thanks for responding. I agree that your setup is not for everyone. including my setup. The Killer Chiller has done a lot for guys running the SVT 03/04 Cobras I know running it. That said I am not seeking something as complex. Now I understand how you are achieving 45 F IAT temps.

OP
OP
Toydoctor

Toydoctor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
^^ Thanks for responding. I agree that your setup is not for everyone. including my setup. The Killer Chiller has done a lot for guys running the SVT 03/04 Cobras I know running it. That said I am not seeking something as complex. Now I understand how you are achieving 45 F IAT temps.

Man I wish it was that awesome! I can keep the water temp for the Intercooler at 40 to 45 degrees. IAT2 at the end of a run is about 105 to 110. I’m sure a whipple or VMP Intercooler would yield better results than a roush.
Sponsored