Sponsored

MagneRide / Standard Studs / Max Thickness Slip On Spacers ?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think I’ve got the jist of this, but I’m looking for some confirmation / sanity checks ... lol

So, if I understand correctly :

1 : The ‘standard’ wheel stud lengths (wheel mounting face to end of the stud) are 30mm front and rear.

2: The ‘MagneRide’ stud lengths are 36mm front and 30mm rear.

From what I have read, it’s considered OK to run a 6mm slip on spacer on a standard car (comments appreciated).

Based on that and the longer front MagneRide studs, could I safely run a 10mm or 12mm slip on spacer on the front of a MagneRide car ?

And finally based on 6mm rear / 12mm front slip on spacer combination :

Do the the 6mm spacers still allow the wheels to sit concentric on the hub ?

Are 10mm or 12mm slip on hub centric spacers available ?

Wheels are PP1 if it makes a difference.

I’m asking because I have a MagneRide car coming, I don’t like bolt on spacers, I don’t want to replace studs on a brand new car, but I would like it to fill the fenders a little better.

I know the changes I’m thinking about aren’t huge, but paired with the slightly lower ride height of a MagneRide car (see here post #15 : https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/magneride-vs-pp1-ride.135168/), I’m hoping that the changes will be enough to be noticed and make a nice visual difference :sunglasses:

Thanks for any help / confirmation on the above :like:

WD :like:
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yeah, I guess if 6mm is OK for a 30mm stud, then a 36mm stud could accommodate another +6mm of spacer. Not sure about additional stresses on the studs, etc., but personally, I'd keep the spacer the same front-to-rear, just from a pure cosmetic consideration.

I hear you about the bolt-on vs. slip-on, I used the former, from a really high quality supplier, but in retrospect, wouldn't do it again. In fact, I was considering some for our (now gone) T4R, and saw several photos of failures and bailed on that too.

A little bit of additional offset definitely will make a difference. I was in that thread you linked, also someone who thought the MR optioned cars look lower.

Oh yeah, my bolt-ons came from Motorsports Tech, they offer dozens of different sizes, types, here their spacer options:

https://www.motorsport-tech.com/special/wheel_spacers_pop_car.html

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you :like:

The only reason for the wider spacer on the front was to try and balance the fender overhang a little better.

It seems reasonably common with the staggered pp1 wheel setup for people to have bolt on 25’s on the front and either 22’s or 20’s on the back.

All the 25’s all round pictures I have seen look good on the front but with considerable poke on the rear - I’m not saying that’s bad, but it does seem like the front needs a little more if you want a balanced look.

12mm also seems to be the minimum hub centric slip on spacer thickness, I’m guessing anything thinner makes for little / no support for the hub centric boss ?

I think 6mm rear / 12mm front seems to be as close as I can get to each other with slip on’s, OE studs and MagneRide ?

But the full lot depends on :

1 : Standard studs being 30mm.
2 : 6mm slip on’s being safe for standard studs and pp1 wheels.
3 : MagneRide front studs being 36mm.

WD :like:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
FWIW, I had 25mm front and 23mm rear and it looked decently balanced using OEM PP(1) wheels, but I think you're right, I did have just a touch more outward offset on the rear. So maybe ~5-6mm difference would be better.

I thought my rears were very slightly too far out, but 23mm was a small as I could do and still clear the lug pockets in a PP wheel. Hmmm, so maybe a 20mm would've been better and that's a 5mm difference!

Right good plan, carry on :D
Sponsored