Sponsored

Magnaride Questions

Damo66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
As i am new to the Mustang i have a few questions about Magnaride, if these have been answered before please point me in the direction of the thread.

I assume the stiffness of the suspension is adjusted when you change the modes using the toggle switch, but as this also alters things like traction control i think, please correct me if i am wrong, is there a way of say keeping the car in Normal Mode but having the suspension set to Sport for example. Can i do this by going into My Mode?

I did look in the Owners Manual but could not find anything specific to Magnaride.
Sponsored

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Had my GT for a month now, I'm having similar thoughts/questions.

So far it seems MyMode just captures the preset settings from one of the other modes.
I've tried switching the steering setting switch in Sport+ and saw a message saying the steering was not adjustable.

Guessing here, that if one sets a MyKey, then each time that key starts the car, you could set MyMode as the default?
However, that would be of limited use to me, as I was hoping to mix-n-match individual attributes.
Exhaust, suspension, steering, etc.

I note other OEMs do allow this, so I'm slghtly confused as to why Ford my have locked us into preset settings, only.
Unless I'm suffering the dumb, which is possible.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
You need to choose a base mode and then you can adjust the steering, exhaust etc. Save as MyMode when you have what you want. I don't think you can change the suspension settings directly but can use whatever mode you like as the base setting so get the suspension as you want it first then customise the rest. It may seem mad, but MyMode on mine is set as comfort, quiet and light steering to give a nice quiet cruise when on the motorway. There are some combinations that are not possible.

Sadly you do have to select MyMode on each startup - it defaults back to Normal

The default modes are:

• Normal – Best suited for everyday driving. If your vehicle is equipped with adaptive dampers, the suspension delivers a balanced combination of comfort and handling. Selectable steering defaults to Normal but can be changed using the steering button.
  • Sport – Engages when you shift your automatic transmission into sport (S). Sport mode increases throttle response and helps your vehicle accelerate faster, but does not change the vehicle dynamics or stability system.
  • Sport + – Best suited for spirited driving. This mode increases throttle response, and if your vehicle is equipped with active exhaust, it takes on a more powerful tone. If your vehicle is equipped with adaptive dampers, the suspension becomes stiffer. This mode has less body motion and more precise steering. Selectable steering defaults to Sport but can be changed using the steering button.
  • Track – Provides a performance driving experience. Throttle response increases, and if your vehicle is equipped with active exhaust, it takes on a more powerful tone. A performance oriented traction control mode is automatically utilized. In this mode, traction control intervention is reduced and tuned specifically for track usage only. This mode is not intended for public roads.
    See Using Stability Control. If your vehicle is equipped with adaptive dampers, the suspension is optimized for transient handling maneuvers. This mode offers maximum control and confidence in handling on road courses or auto-cross style events. Selectable steering defaults to Sport but can be changed using the steering button.
  • Drag Strip - Provides a performance driving experience tailored to driving on a drag strip. The engine responds directly to your inputs, and if your vehicle is equipped with active exhaust, it takes on a more powerful tone. This mode is not intended for public roads. If your vehicle is equipped with adaptive dampers, the setting is optimized for straight line maximum acceleration. Selectable steering defaults to Sport but can be changed using the steering button.
  • Snow / Wet - Provides a confident handling driving experience during poor weather. If your vehicle is equipped with adaptive dampers, the suspension delivers a balanced combination of comfort and handling. Selectable steering defaults to Normal but can be changed using the steering button.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
As i am new to the Mustang i have a few questions about Magnaride, if these have been answered before please point me in the direction of the thread.

I assume the stiffness of the suspension is adjusted when you change the modes using the toggle switch, but as this also alters things like traction control i think, please correct me if i am wrong, is there a way of say keeping the car in Normal Mode but having the suspension set to Sport for example. Can i do this by going into My Mode?

I did look in the Owners Manual but could not find anything specific to Magnaride.
It is suspension damping specifically - mostly rebound and to some extent compression damping that get adjusted on the fly, based on input from sensors. Not exactly stiffness as your springs and swaybars obviously are not adjustable in any way.

Not familiar with My Mode (my car doesn't have it) but suspensions modes are tied to drive mods. Having said, car is perfectly safe in any of the modes, including Track mode (which I use permanently).

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Perhaps. But other OEMs allow individually selectable settings for dampers & exhaust.
Mercedes place switches on the centre console to allow the driver to select seperate attributes.
Too difficult for Ford though!
:headbang:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Perhaps. But other OEMs allow individually selectable settings for dampers & exhaust.
Mercedes place switches on the centre console to allow the driver to select seperate attributes.
Too difficult for Ford though!
:headbang:
If you read my post it makes it clear that you can do this. You can use preselected combinations or MyMode to choose what you want. Instead of having a selection of buttons it brings it all together in the display

Magneride seems especially good at controlling rebound
Sponsored