kg2194

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kris
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt PP1
Vehicle Showcase
So I have purchased a new set of wheels for my 2021 PP1 car. Didnt like the black wheel that it came with so i bought a set of shelby CS-14's. Will get tires and put on in the next week or so and i will post photos. Being excited i pulled off my front and put the new wheel on, and when i saw this on the inside of the wheel the only thing i could do was laugh. Shelby america. check out the photos

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Unfortunately most wheels are made in China these days. It used to be a bad thing, but now the factories over there that do this type of stuff have gotten pretty decent about it.

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Not surprised, really. I have had a set of their wheels on order since Black Friday/Cyber Monday, and the anticipated ship date is in April. I did some research before I ordered and it seems that the Carroll Shelby Wheel Company (which is not the same as Shelby American, btw) was acquired at some point by Drake Automotive Group (Scott Drake products), or possibly the Shelby name and associated wheels were licensed. Either way, it's all rather confusing. Then, Drake was acquired by Holley Performance Products, so now the Carroll Shelby Wheel Company is a Holley brand, along with many other names you might already know.

https://www.holley.com/brands/

So, what we get are U.S.-designed wheels manufactured in China. Par for the course. I'm sure they'll be decent quality. At least, I hope so!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Not surprised, really. I have had a set of their wheels on order since Black Friday/Cyber Monday, and the anticipated ship date is in April. I did some research before I ordered and it seems that the Carroll Shelby Wheel Company (which is not the same as Shelby American, btw) was acquired at some point by Drake Automotive Group (Scott Drake products), or possibly the Shelby name and associated wheels were licensed. Either way, it's all rather confusing. Then, Drake was acquired by Holley Performance Products, so now the Carroll Shelby Wheel Company is a Holley brand, along with many other names you might already know.

https://www.holley.com/brands/

So, what we get are U.S.-designed wheels manufactured in China. Par for the course. I'm sure they'll be decent quality. At least, I hope so!
Wow, thatā€™s quite a lineup. Didnā€™t know about Tremec though.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately most wheels are made in China these days. It used to be a bad thing, but now the factories over there that do this type of stuff have gotten pretty decent about it.
I agree in most cases. They still haven't gotten up to speed on car batteries.

Sponsored

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
Hey just look at your factory Ford wheels and they also come from China. My 19 inch Ford rims say it in bold letters on the inside.

Mustangmatty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I do believe my Apex wheels I just bought are made in China as well. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
This thread has made me hungry..

I know what I am having tonight.