Sponsored

Mach 1 value in coming years ?

Racer57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 1970 Cuda 383cu Tremec 5 speed.
Since the v8 Mach 1 is being discontinued, are they going to be worth a LOT more untouched ? I know the muscle cars of the past sell better than ones that have been modified. Numbers matching and what the VIns say is a major issue.
Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
If you can wait 40 years, you might get more for a #'s matching bone stock unmodified mach 1.
Problem is most of us will be worm food by then.

Also the mach has already been discontinued, the last one rolled off the assembly line in early April of 23. By the end of April all 23's were built and they started switching over the line to build 24's

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Since the v8 Mach 1 is being discontinued, are they going to be worth a LOT more untouched ? I know the muscle cars of the past sell better than ones that have been modified. Numbers matching and what the VIns say is a major issue.
With few exceptions, unmodified collectible/special interest cars will be worth more than their modified cousins. It’s just a truism.

Now, how long it may take for that to make an appreciable difference is a whole ‘nother matter.

Dler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
It will be interesting to see what happens to the values once the V8 engine is no longer built.

BossPapa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1971 Boss 351 Mustang, 2019 F-250
I’ve lost too many discussions about this and now have to agree that in most cases, our money will do way better over time in the stock market so drive the Mach and enjoy being able to own a limited production future classic!!

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I think all you have to do is look at the Mach’s of the late 60’s/early 70’s. Took them 40-50 years to be worth big time $$. This is mostly true for other American muscle cars, although with everything there are exceptions. It’s the truly rare modern cars (think Ford GT, Ferrari, Bugatti, etc) that can appreciate much faster. And you see that play out in the Mecum, Barrett Jackson, etc auctions. Also, are there going to be enough enthusiasts in the next 20-30 years that want these cars? The current trend leads me to believe that there will not be. So, if there are more cars than buyers, values will not appreciate.

I think a good point is made that if the V8 ceases to exist in the Mustang in the next 5-10 years (God forbid), then Mustangs like the Shelby’s, Mach’s and Bullitt’s may appreciate faster than historical.

The wildcard in all of this is the ICE era itself. Does it come to an end in the somewhat near term (again, God forbid)? If so, these ICE vehicles will either be worth a ton or they won’t be worth squat. I personally don’t think ICE will go away in our lifetime but who the hell knows.

BossPapa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Using my 71 Boss 351 as an example, rounding up it might be worth $100k today. However, data on stock market returns over the same period show the $4k spent back then would be worth over $900k if you left the returns alone in your portfolio. Not even close but I still love the old girl!

Jasonb543

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I’ve lost too many discussions about this and now have to agree that in most cases, our money will do way better over time in the stock market so drive the Mach and enjoy being able to own a limited production future classic!!
THIS 10000%… I don’t believe I’ve found 1 vehicle yet that came close to owning the S&P 500 equivalent over time.

I think you won’t see MSRP back for 20 plus years… I.e. decades to get back the value it’s going to lose in the next 5-10.
And seriously Mach ones just aren’t that special, it’s not a GT500, and as much as I can’t stand the voodoo, it holds a better niche as well.

drive it, whipple it, beat the snot out of it!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Using my 71 Boss 351 as an example, rounding up it might be worth $100k today. However, data on stock market returns over the same period show the $4k spent back then would be worth over $900k if you left the returns alone in your portfolio. Not even close but I still love the old girl!
Agreed, there are far better investments than cars especially over the long term. But, the cars look and sound far better than some quarterly investment account report that’s for sure 😎

MachNroll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Mustang
Years from now (20-30 years) I don't think there will be a market for Mustangs, Camaros, Chargers and the like. The "new" generation of car owners do not appear to be interested in cars as a hobby. Those of us who are into and appreciate performance V-8 cars are getting older and will have moved on to.... other things..... Quite frankly, even today, most folks at the stop light have no clue about what I'm driving, its history, why it is so loud upon acceleration, or why I am grinning ear to ear as I manually shift through the gears... So, 20 years from now, nah, not much value or market.

Sponsored

BossPapa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Agreed, there are far better investments than cars especially over the long term. But, the cars look and sound far better than some quarterly investment account report that’s for sure 😎
I agree with you on that point also which is why I’ll be keeping my Boss with me as long as I’m above ground to enjoy it!
Oh ya…the Mach too 😂

v guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RP
Vehicle(s)
99 SVT
I kept my 99 SVT Cobra convertible for 25 years, and I expect to keep my Mach 1 another 25 years.

2007 Shelbys are still around 30K, and sell on the Shelby name, as the current crop.........
Mach I is a follow on Shelby with many bells and whistles.
Dark Horse, too........

True performance vehicles, not destroyed by racing or rust, do remain of interest and value. The old 289K codes, the Boss 302, The Boss 351 and Boss 429's show this.

I expect Mach 1 to fall to 35k-45 in 5 years, and hold for a long time like the 2013 Boss 302.

Regular S550's and GT's will fall, unless the V8 market gets stronger.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
I think all you have to do is look at the Mach’s of the late 60’s/early 70’s. Took them 40-50 years to be worth big time $$. This is mostly true for other American muscle cars, although with everything there are exceptions. It’s the truly rare modern cars (think Ford GT, Ferrari, Bugatti, etc) that can appreciate much faster. And you see that play out in the Mecum, Barrett Jackson, etc auctions. Also, are there going to be enough enthusiasts in the next 20-30 years that want these cars? The current trend leads me to believe that there will not be. So, if there are more cars than buyers, values will not appreciate.

I think a good point is made that if the V8 ceases to exist in the Mustang in the next 5-10 years (God forbid), then Mustangs like the Shelby’s, Mach’s and Bullitt’s may appreciate faster than historical.

The wildcard in all of this is the ICE era itself. Does it come to an end in the somewhat near term (again, God forbid)? If so, these ICE vehicles will either be worth a ton or they won’t be worth squat. I personally don’t think ICE will go away in our lifetime but who the hell knows.
lol the autos might actually be worth more than the manuals with the current trends 🤣

Might be ruffling some feathers but seriously unless it is a Shelby model all the special Trim levels will hold some value if not driven or depreciate just like a GT.

Shame so many people are missing out on driving these great cars just because they are hoping to get money back on them when they sell. FYI those insurance rates they pay to not drive the car will probs still put them behind anyway. 🙄

I hope they enjoy the covered up paperweight in the garage while I go “waste my resale value” by making memories driving the car on long beautiful road trips around the country, skidding on ice in the winter, and having some hanky panky under the stars in the middle of nowhere. That goes for both mustangs and viper I have, I don’t own paperweights.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
lol the autos might actually be worth more than the manuals with the current trends 🤣

Might be ruffling some feathers but seriously unless it is a Shelby model all the special Trim levels will hold some value if not driven or depreciate just like a GT.

Shame so many people are missing out on driving these great cars just because they are hoping to get money back on them when they sell. FYI those insurance rates they pay to not drive the car will probs still put them behind anyway. 🙄

I hope they enjoy the covered up paperweight in the garage while I go “waste my resale value” by making memories driving the car on long beautiful road trips around the country, skidding on ice in the winter, and having some hanky panky under the stars in the middle of nowhere. That goes for both mustangs and viper I have, I don’t own paperweights.
Same here. I’ll never tell anyone what they should do with their car. Their hard earned money paid for it so they can do what they please. But I bought mine to drive. Is the road salt harsh on the car? Absolutely it is. I spray it off every chance I get. But, it’s a blast to drive in the snow and I can’t picture myself just staring at it in the garage for 4-5 months every year just to keep the salt off. I’d like to think I’ll keep this one for a long time but the reality is, I love cars so I’m always looking at what else is out there. In 5-7 years time, it’s very possible I’ll be into something new. And I’ll drive that all year round too.

Now the Shelby’s, Corvettes, Vipers of the world, those would get put away for the winter months. But not necessarily for value preservation. More so because they’re just more difficult to drive in the winters here due to their wider tires, lower stance and higher HP than my GT. 460hp can be a handful in the snow even with the proper tires and proper throttle control, I can’t imagine 760hp. Not that I can’t get snow tires for those cars because there are a couple guys around here that put snow tires on their C8’s. But they become snow plows when there’s more than an inch of snow on the ground LOL

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Even if it reaches 5 times the purchasing price you wouldn't sell it anyway. 🚗
Sponsored